The Blue Lights GB - Rules

Started by NARSES2, February 07, 2021, 06:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 19, 2021, 05:20:24 AM
Marginal, to my mind, but "yes", as they're enforcing the Laws of the Land. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

In the UK during the 18th Century HM Customs and Excise were probably the only national law enforcement agency.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 19, 2021, 05:20:24 AM
Marginal, to my mind, but "yes", as they're enforcing the Laws of the Land. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

zenrat

Excellent.  Thank you gentlemen.
There will therefore be an addition to the PDRV's Revenue Protection vehicles.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on February 12, 2021, 11:16:37 AM
York Minster has it's own Police
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_Minster_Police

There are four remaining Cathedral Constabulary's in the UK and are distinct from the Home Office forces.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_constable

A York Minster Police riot control vehicle would be interesting:

"BLESSED BE THOSE THAT MOVETH ALONG, FOR THE LORD HAS SAID THERE IS NAUGHT HERE TO SEE!"
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rheged

A Cathedral constabulary might very well use Vicars guns, guided Missals and small bore Canons to repel the heathen hordes.  I actually met a small, boring Canon at Rochester Cathedral many years ago.

As an aside, what about all of those clerical names the Royal artillery uses for self propelled guns?

Canterbury, Chester, Liverpool and York currently have constables, with Salisbury and Hereford having the powers to appoint, but not having done so since  2010 (Salisbury) and 2014 (Hereford).
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I met some of the York Minster cops back in my BR days.

The Freysi jacks we used to test the Britannia Bridge over the Menai Straights could only be used once, according to the manufacturers (good sales pitch, eh?) and BR donated them to the Minster to help jack the Tower up straight. But we used resin instead of hydraulic oil, so the whole thing is now one solid lump, including the pump.   ;D

The cops were on hand to keep the Public away while the contractors were doing the restoration work, and I had to explain to them what the jacks were for.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on February 20, 2021, 05:33:54 AM
A Cathedral constabulary might very well use Vicars guns, guided Missals and small bore Canons to repel the heathen hordes. 

That has been entered into "The Book"  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 20, 2021, 05:55:38 AM
A Cathedral constabulary might very well use Vicars guns, guided Missals and small bore Canons to repel the heathen hordes. 

Should you decide to publish "The Book", there's probably  a potential best seller there!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on February 20, 2021, 05:59:04 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 20, 2021, 05:55:38 AM

Should you decide to publish "The Book", there's probably  a potential best seller there!

The 50 Year Rule applies I'm afraid.  :angel:

zenrat

A Cathedral constabulary might very well use Vicars guns, guided Missals and small bore Canons to repel the heathen hordes.  I actually met a small, boring Canon at Rochester Cathedral many years ago...

I mitre rolled out those puns myself but you beat me to it.  I altar think up more I suppose...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2021, 02:38:28 AM
A Cathedral constabulary might very well use Vicars guns, guided Missals and small bore Canons to repel the heathen hordes.  I actually met a small, boring Canon at Rochester Cathedral many years ago...

I mitre rolled out those puns myself but you beat me to it.  I altar think up more I suppose...

Nun but the best, please, a good habit to get into.  Don't wimple out!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Where's the 'GROAN!' emoticon when you need one?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2021, 02:38:28 AM

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2021, 02:18:17 AM
Here's another one. Had to take more pics of it.
57 Ford Panel Delivery - GCPD  - 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Now this could be read as the GOD SQUAD. Is it full of Spanish Inquisitors?

Would they perform 'Police Actions' in heavy gunned tanks like Bishops, Deacons and Priests?

Are they the armed wing of the Vatican Police? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corps_of_Gendarmerie_of_Vatican_City

(It might be an idea for the Mods to move all this chat to General Discussion)

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on February 21, 2021, 05:07:10 AM
Are they the armed wing of the Vatican Police? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corps_of_Gendarmerie_of_Vatican_City

If they had personal ornithopter suits, they could be the winged arm of the Vatican Police....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones