The Blue Lights GB - Finished Builds

Started by NARSES2, February 07, 2021, 06:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

CammNut

UK Royal Air and Space Force Thunderbird SC.1 disaster-response suborbital transport

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49172.0

buzzbomb

Police Car from 5th Element. Stargazer Models 1/48 Resin Kit. Old school mastering by hand and lots of elbow grease.

Another video clip of the lights
Short Video Clip

Build Thread

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitbasher

Dynamic Solutions Dragonfly, Metropolitan Police 2021

The rapid development since 2010 of Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (popularly referred to as 'drones'), the emergence of Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management concepts (see https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Unmanned_Aircraft_Systems_Traffic_Management_(UTM) and https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/civil-drones-rpas) saw many start-up companies developing Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (SUAVs) for use in a multiplicity of commercial and non-commercial civilian roles.  Obvious candidate non-commercial civilian roles were in support of police, fire and rescue services.  See more at https://mailchi.mp/newsletters.icao.int/signup-to-icao-tv-6145234?e=c6a63865ce

UK police aviation had since 2012 mostly been the preserve of the National Police Air Service (NPAS).  NPAS exclusively provided centralised air support to the 43 territorial police forces in England and Wales (the Police Scotland Air Support Unit declined to join the service), replacing the previous structure whereby police forces operated their own helicopters, either individually or in small consortia (such as the Metropolitan Police Air Support Unit (ASU)). 

With one or two notable exceptions (Greater Manchester Police BN-2 Islander and the Met Police Bumblebee (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48951.msg921360#msg921360), ASUs tended to exclusively operate helicopters.  So it is with NPAS, other than for a handful of Partenavia P68s.

The NPAS monopoly on police aviation came to an end in 2021 when individual forces decided to order examples of Dynamic Solutions' Dragonfly.  These could be rapidly deployed by forces on a much more local level than NPAS helicopters and were significantly cheaper to operate.  Not that they replaced NPAS, no, they very much supplemented them.

The Metropolitan Police was in May June 2021 the first force to deploy 15 Fireflies (approximately one Firefly being at the disposal of two Borough Commanders).  These 'Specific category' SUAVs are operated in accordance with an operational authorisation issued by the CAA in accordance with the requirements  found in Annex B of CAP722.  Equipped with a high resolution video camera capable of operating in both human visible spectrum (with an enhanced i.e. night vision option) and infrared modes, the dragonfly has a fuselage length of 6 feet (1.82 m) and a rotor diameter of 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 m).  It is notable for having coaxial rotors, which is considered a far less complex (and less costly) configuration compared to what may be considered a more 'traditional' or 'orthodox' main rotor + tail rotor configuration.

Scale: 1/72.  Trials and tribulations of the build are at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49014.0.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

TomZ

Dutch National Police Urban Anti-Riot Vehicle

When in 2020 the Covid measures of the Dutch government caused big demonstrations and even unrest and vandalism, the Dutch national police saw the need to create an anti-riot force which was better equipped to deal with larger numbers of hooligans. A project was started to find the equipment needed. This focused on three areas: the personal equipment of the individual force member, an urban vehicle to control larger crowds and an armed helicopter. Important considerations for all three were the available budget and the need for a speedy delivery and deployment.

The choice for the vehicle fell on the Toyota Land Cruiser, armed with a double-barrelled canon which could fire both conventional ammunitions as non-lethal rubber bullets and tear gas shells. The Dutch army had captured a number of these vehicles in Afghanistan during their deployment there. These were modified and issued to the police in 2021.

Model: Meng 1/35

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

ysi_maniac

Does this GB admits 2D entries?

Here we have 2 examples of conversion in blue lights cars, along with the orignal design: 2 Bentley Blue Train (beautiful car IMHO) as Police and Ambulance.

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Mercedes 190, 6 wheels :mellow:, in German Fire Department colors.

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Quote from: ysi_maniac on May 16, 2021, 02:45:40 PM
Does this GB admits 2D entries?

Yes it does Carlos  :thumbsup: Most, if not all our GB's do.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Dutch National Police Anti-Riot Helicopter

When in 2020 the Covid measures of the Dutch government caused big demonstrations and even unrest and vandalism, the Dutch national police saw the need to create an anti-riot force which was better equipped to deal with larger numbers of hooligans. A project was started to find the equipment needed. This focused on three areas: the personal equipment of the individual force member, an urban vehicle to control larger crowds and an armed helicopter. Important considerations for all three were the available budget and the need for a speedy delivery and deployment.

The initial idea was to use the Apache combat helicopter that was also used by the Dutch Air Force. Budget constraints ruled this out, however. Instead, a number of Bell AH-1W SuperCobras was bought from the USA where it was retired from the US Marine Corps in 2020. The armament included tear gas rockets.

Model: Revell 1/48

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

MiB

I'm sorry, can I post any my FSX police models?
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

kitbasher

Dynamic Solutions Firefly, Farnborough Air Show 2020

In addition to its Dragonfly (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48951.msg922467#msg922467) Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (SUAV), Dynamic Solutions has also developed an SUAV specifically for use in support of firefighting operations, appropriately called 'Firefly'. 

Firefly employs a totally different configuration to the Dragonfly; the quadcopter design affords greater flexibility when operated in relatively confined operating areas, being ideally equally suited to building fires, woodland or grassland fires, sea vessel and offshore installation fires and associated rescue operations.  Other onshore and offshore applications are being considered by the company. 

The first prototype flew in March 2021 and numerous UK and overseas fire brigades have already expressed interest procuring and operating the type, although orders have yet to be placed.  These 'Specific category' SUAVs are operated in accordance with an operational authorisation issued by the UK Civil Aviation Authority.  Equipped with a high resolution video camera capable of operating in both human visible spectrum (with an enhanced i.e. night vision option) and infrared modes, the Firefly has a fuselage diameter (including rotor arms) of 5 feet (1.52 m); including rotor blades this increases to 7 feet (2.13 m).

Scale: 1/72.  Trials and tribulations of the build are at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49014.0.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter