London Show - June 2021 CANCELLED

Started by Nick, February 09, 2021, 06:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

May 4th 2021 - The June shows have been cancelled in favour of December. http://www.londonplasticmodellingshow.co.uk/
Please see the new topic.
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49251.0

The London Plastic Model Show that usually happens in December was first postponed until March 2021, and again. The organisers have just announced a new date.

Sunday 27th June 2021
Haverstock School
Chalk Farm

Fingers crossed!  :thumbsup:

kitbasher

Thanks for the heads up, Nick. 

Elstree Model Show on the 13th.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Everything's crossed not just fingers. But then I do need the loo  :angel:

No seriously, cheers Nick  :thumbsup:

As for Elstree. I am still in touch with the organisers, so if it's on, so are we.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 10, 2021, 06:28:26 AM
Everything's crossed not just fingers. But then I do need the loo  :angel:

No seriously, cheers Nick  :thumbsup:

As for Elstree. I am still in touch with the organisers, so if it's on, so are we.

If Elstree is on then I'll give the London show a miss. 
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

The same date as the Coventry show. That'll cause some discussion. Apparently the organisers just announced it without asking any clubs if they were OK with the dates - put our club secretary's nose out of joint.

PR19_Kit

That's VERY silly, considering how few shows that may actually happen this year. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2021, 07:02:07 AM
The same date as the Coventry show. That'll cause some discussion. Apparently the organisers just announced it without asking any clubs if they were OK with the dates - put our club secretary's nose out of joint.

You mean London v Coventry or Elstree v Coventry?

tigercat

That makes it sound like a Competition. I can just imagine the Commentary .

In a surprise move  Elstree's Captain has approached the referee and proposed that the venue could be improved by increasing the length of it's wings and Elstree's Foreign signing Dizzy has created a wall of models back in defence .

" Just look at his speed Gary , have you ever seen anyone build quite so quickly   "

"The lad sure is fast John , you don't often see such a fast completion rate , and what's this Narses has come up the field and filled a hole . "

"That's first class PSR from the veteran player , it takes patience and hard work to build up to that level of Skill , Gary ."

kitbasher

;D

Wasn't meant to sound like a contest, but a good commentary, mate!  No, just wanted to make a quick post.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on February 16, 2021, 08:53:39 AM
Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2021, 07:02:07 AM

You mean London v Coventry or Elstree v Coventry?

London v Coventry

Assuming they go ahead (June may be a tad to early) then I will probably do London simply because Coventry is an awkward trip and would probably involve an overnight stay. But as I said, If they go ahead ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: tigercat on February 16, 2021, 11:40:01 AM
That makes it sound like a Competition. I can just imagine the Commentary .

In a surprise move  Elstree's Captain has approached the referee and proposed that the venue could be improved by increasing the length of it's wings and Elstree's Foreign signing Dizzy has created a wall of models back in defence .

" Just look at his speed Gary , have you ever seen anyone build quite so quickly   "

"The lad sure is fast John , you don't often see such a fast completion rate , and what's this Narses has come up the field and filled a hole . "

"That's first class PSR from the veteran player , it takes patience and hard work to build up to that level of Skill , Gary ."

;D ;D ;D ;D

Nick

It's tricky for me. I will probably support the club and go to the London show purely because it is closer and I can have a pint or three before getting the train home.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Except if there is a Coventry show we'll have a stand there as well..................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2021, 08:26:53 AM
Except if there is a Coventry show we'll have a stand there as well..................

I don't think there's been any discussion (yet) about a stand at the London show, Kit (someone put me right on this if I'm wrong), but yes one is currently foreseen for the Elstree show.

Nick

Quote from: kitbasher on February 17, 2021, 08:40:50 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2021, 08:26:53 AM

I don't think there's been any discussion (yet) about a stand at the London show, Kit (someone put me right on this if I'm wrong), but yes one is currently foreseen for the Elstree show.

I doubt there would be any space at the London show unless several of the traders or another club pulls out.