Elstree Model Show 2021 Cancelled

Started by NARSES2, February 16, 2021, 06:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

After receiving a text from Kitbasher  :thumbsup: I checked my e-mail and sure enough there was an e-mail from the organisers of the above show telling me that it's provisionally booked for 10th October 2021.

Same e-mail also confirmed that we are provisionally booked in for a table  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Thread on Britmodeller lists the SIG as being there.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

I've had an e-mail "chat" with Chris and all is confirmed. We have one table
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Right the Elstree organisers have today confirmed that as things stand it's going ahead and that we have one table  :thumbsup:

They will be opening the hall for attendees to set up at 8:00 as they have to get everything ready between 7:00and 8:00.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 17, 2021, 06:01:54 AM
Right the Elstree organisers have today confirmed that as things stand it's going ahead and that we have one table  :thumbsup:

They will be opening the hall for attendees to set up at 8:00 as they have to get everything ready between 7:00and 8:00.

Good news.  Do you mean set up by 0900 for a 1000 start, Chris?  Or set up by 0800?

I'll be attending, guess the detailed arrangements can be sorted out by PMs?

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

I spoke to Chris yesterday and the show organisers are being allowed into the hall at 7:00am in order to get the tables set up etc.

Exhibitors and traders (including ourselves) will be allowed in from 8:00am in order to get our display set up for a 10:00am opening to the public. As things stands we won't be admitted before 8:00am. Chris did mention that is was a bit complicated as to why, but we left it at that  :angel:

I'm toying with staying at the Premier Inn down the road on the Saturday night rather than get up super early on the Sunday. Not sure yet, make a decision nearer the date.

And yes we can sort details out between the 3 of us (you, Nick and myself) via PM.

Nick

I have the day off and will be there. Thanks for organising this Chris, and the other Chris, and his friends etc....  ;D

NARSES2

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Must admit the e-mails have got a tad complicated at times with 2 Chris's  ;D

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 18, 2021, 06:24:52 AM
I spoke to Chris yesterday and the show organisers are being allowed into the hall at 7:00am in order to get the tables set up etc.

Exhibitors and traders (including ourselves) will be allowed in from 8:00am in order to get our display set up for a 10:00am opening to the public. As things stands we won't be admitted before 8:00am. Chris did mention that is was a bit complicated as to why, but we left it at that  :angel:

I'm toying with staying at the Premier Inn down the road on the Saturday night rather than get up super early on the Sunday. Not sure yet, make a decision nearer the date.

And yes we can sort details out between the 3 of us (you, Nick and myself) via PM.

Gotcha.  Thanks Chris.

NARSES2

Hannants Colindale (or should it be Hendon now ?) will be having a stand at the show as well as opening the shop. So if you want to order anything from Hannants and pick it up you can, but remember to change your address so it goes to the right place.

kitbasher

Ah flip.  Announced this morning that it's cancelled.  Was so looking forward to it.
:-\

zenrat

I don't let myself look forward to anything these days.  No point.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

Quote from: zenrat on October 01, 2021, 05:30:39 AM
I don't let myself look forward to anything these days.  No point.

So true, you have really got the rough end in Vic, much sympathy. I myself had gotten to that point before all this covid crap had started :banghead:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

Yup unfortunately cancelled, not because of Covid, but because of the ongoing fuel "crisis" which is particularly bad in London and the South East apparently (I travel by bus/tram/train so have no idea).

The organisers were concerned about a severe reduction in expected footfall which could have had a nasty knock on effect on the organising clubs finances.

C'est la vie and onward to June 12th 2022. Just need to see if I can persuade PI to switch my hotel booking.  :-\

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 01, 2021, 06:10:46 AM

C'est la vie and onward to June 12th 2022. Just need to see if I can persuade PI to switch my hotel booking.  :-\

Well that was easy. I knew my booking was non-refundable (I chose the cheapest option as I only booked a couple of weeks before the show) but on looking at the booking details there was a "click" here to amend or cancel your booking.

So two minutes later I'm booked in for June 10th 2022. Plus as it's cheaper that far ahead they have credited my bank account with the difference. Well done PI  :thumbsup: