DONE@p.5 +++ LAPD 'Flying Eye', a Spectrum SA-550 (Cessna 337)

Started by Dizzyfugu, February 17, 2021, 04:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Very nice!  :thumbsup:
And you're right, a whif doesn't have to be Military.

frank2056

That came out great! I'll keep an eye out for it in the skies over LA.

Some of those aerial backgrounds don't look at all like the LA area. Maybe the LAPD is testing the aircraft outside county limits...

kerick

Talking about the old O-2 "suck and blow" reminds me of the story of the two FAC pilots from Davis Monathan AFB who happened to fly too far south and landed in Mexico with the gear up. Had to jack up the aircraft to get the gear down and replace the bent front propeller. I bet there was some a$$ chewing in the CO's office!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: frank2056 on March 11, 2021, 08:51:49 PM
Some of those aerial backgrounds don't look at all like the LA area. Maybe the LAPD is testing the aircraft outside county limits...

That's true - my background resources are limited at the moment due to Covid19 lockdown(s), so I had to make and do with what I have in stock. I had preferred to be more specific, including some serious traffic jams around LA and more city sights, but Plan B had to suffice. For instance, one of the flight pics shows Mexico City... :rolleyes:

TheChronicOne

Ahhhh yeah!!!  That's kickass, bruh!!  Makes all the sense, too...  I bet I could post this around and convince people they used it.  ;D  Good to see a nice civvie bird built up, too. I love the little Arii kits. Embarrassingly, I haven't even started mine.  :rolleyes:  As often is the case, your outstanding work has inspired a couple ideas of my own that I can incorporate into my build so perhaps it's a good thing stupid stuff like doing taxes has delayed me.  :angel:  Great work!
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, glad you like it - despite its severe clear parts flaws.  ;D

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 12, 2021, 12:30:30 AM
Thank you, glad you like it - despite its severe clear parts flaws.  ;D

That's what I'm dreading with mine... it's almost possible to replace the side windows but the wind screen is more problematic. I'll just dunk everything in Future and let it ride but it's too bad there isn't an aftermarket alternative. I remember building the Bonanza and it was the same way. It was one of the first aircraft I had built since being a little kid and even though I was "new" back to the hobby I could tell that the windows were rather crappy.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

How about using from an Airfix O-2?

OK, you then end up with a windscreen-less O-2, but you would have a better 336.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

My Arii build is going to be the 172. Any alternatives for that one?

Hmmm... ya know... I bought some plastic spoons the other day that are miles clearer (and thinner!) than many clear kit pieces I've seen.... If I could just find a way to cut it properly in a section that matches up with the original.....   :unsure: 
-Sprues McDuck-

buzzbomb