DONE@p.5 +++ LAPD 'Flying Eye', a Spectrum SA-550 (Cessna 337)

Started by Dizzyfugu, February 17, 2021, 04:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 11, 2021, 11:10:37 PM
That's true - my background resources are limited at the moment due to Covid19 lockdown(s), so I had to make and do with what I have in stock. I had preferred to be more specific, including some serious traffic jams around LA and more city sights, but Plan B had to suffice. For instance, one of the flight pics shows Mexico City... :rolleyes:

This would look good:

I can literally see my current place and my new place in this picture:

The Rat

Beauty! And I've had the same idea for years - a PT-6 in the rear and get rid of the engine up front.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Scotaidh

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2021, 01:29:02 PM
How about using from an Airfix O-2?

OK, you then end up with a windscreen-less O-2, but you would have a better 336.

After a house-move I found my Cessna O-2 missing its windshield. Evidently it evaporated or transitioned to the 4th dimension ... 

I made a new one from cellophane tape.  Not spot-on accurate, but it denied the spiders acess and was close enough for me.

I washed off the stick-um with cold water, and put a line of cement around the edges of the windshield hole.  I let the glue sit for a moment, to soften the plastic and get all gooey.  Then I just put the tape in place, holding the edges in the glue with an exacto blade  - and it worked! 

I was surprised it did, but desperation is the mother of invention, as I say. ;)

Here's the plan view - the red is my cut / glue line.  the tape was the same, the colours are to show the orientation of the three strips.

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

TheChronicOne

That's inventive.....    I would have figured the tape would be too "stiff" to do curves and stuff and crease or something. I'm going to take note of your nifty technique.
-Sprues McDuck-