Not an entry, just some inspiration.

Started by The Rat, February 19, 2021, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Here's one that Alvis did years ago, couldn't let this build carry on without at least giving everyone a look at the master's work!

http://www.arcair.com/Gal6/5601-5700/gal5676-Zero-Petrie/00.shtm

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I'm tempted to do a Police Bond Bug...............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Some ideas I've picked up over the years - some from folks on this very site!  :)

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

NARSES2

That Policewoman on hoverbike reminds me of a bar tender in a gorgeous Sicilian hotel  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I'm going to pin this thread lads so that it remains in view for the duration and thus will act in the way intended  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 21, 2021, 06:30:07 AM
... a bar tender in a gorgeous Sicilian hotel ...

Are you sure that's the correct wording, Chris? ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 21, 2021, 10:24:35 PM
... a bar tender in a gorgeous Sicilian hotel ...

Are you sure that's the correct wording, Chris? ;)

OK, OK a stunning barmaid in a gorgeous Sicilian hotel. I just assumed the term "barmaid" was prohibited under some part of the Equal Opportunities Act . Mind you we are talking about Sicily where they do seem to have a rather old fashioned attitude to women, especially good looking ones. Interesting to watch it all play out at times. I've seen a few young ladies give the gent a right thump  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2021, 07:17:21 AM

OK, OK a stunning barmaid in a gorgeous Sicilian hotel. I just assumed the term "barmaid" was prohibited under some part of the Equal Opportunities Act . Mind you we are talking about Sicily where they do seem to have a rather old fashioned attitude to women, especially good looking ones. Interesting to watch it all play out at times. I've seen a few young ladies give the gent a right thump  :thumbsup:

The only 'foreign' holiday I ever had, with my then girl friend Jill, was to Majorca, literally on the spur of the moment as we found out we both had the same week free and went to my tame travel agent and asked 'Where can we go NOW?' We flew out on a Spantax Convair Coronado  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D and back on a DC9.

But back to the story...... While exploring Las Palmas some ne're do well pinched Jill's rather ample bum, but she was the same height as me, was quite heftily built, and was a Nursing Sister as well. BAD move on his part as she turned round, faced him up and decked him with one blow.  ;D :o

While lying on the pavement, somewhat stunned, the bloke, obviously from the West Midlands by his accent, said 'Yow ought to lock 'er up mate, she's dangerous!', to which I replied 'Only when she's riled.........'.  ;D ;D ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 22, 2021, 07:44:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2021, 07:17:21 AM

The only 'foreign' holiday I ever had, with my then girl friend Jill, was to Majorca, literally on the spur of the moment as we found out we both had the same week free and went to my tame travel agent and asked 'Where can we go NOW?' We flew out on a Spantax Convair Coronado  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D and back on a DC9.

But back to the story...... While exploring Las Palmas some ne're do well pinched Jill's rather ample bum, but she was the same height as me, was quite heftily built, and was a Nursing Sister as well. BAD move on his part as she turned round, faced him up and decked him with one blow.  ;D :o

While lying on the pavement, somewhat stunned, the bloke, obviously from the West Midlands by his accent, said 'Yow ought to lock 'er up mate, she's dangerous!', to which I replied 'Only when she's riled.........'.  ;D ;D ;) ;)

He He!  My wife who was back then my girlfriend, clocked this fellow down in our local pub (in Poole). He had called her some nasty name so she whipped around and landed a punch right in his face and he went down like a sack of potatoes. We found out later he collected a broken jaw for his troubles ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

That Policewoman on hoverbike reminds me of a bar tender in a gorgeous Sicilian hotel  :wub:
:wub: And as an added bonus she's reminded me of a build idea that stalled.  :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

Some classic Frank Tinsley Mechanix Illustrated stuff: