It's a WHAT? It's a Predator actually.

Started by PR19_Kit, February 22, 2021, 06:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Because of the pre-production status of the Predator mouldings, there's a fair number of air bubbles present. Actually there's a HECK of a lot of them, but they're responding to the dreaded PSR routine OK. I'm now on the third bout of PSR on the underside of the fuselage, but the top side, the bit you'll see more often is perfect.  :thumbsup:

The main landing gear leg (It has Harrier type gear, with one big beefy leg in the centre, a nose leg and two small outriggers) looks pretty good and is well beefy enough to support the model's weight, but the nose leg and both outriggers have already snapped, so it's a good thing I brought the Harrier kits with me.

Looking through the various small mouldings, they include both an RAF policeman and a civvie one too................  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2021, 11:33:18 AM
Looking through the various small mouldings, they include both an RAF policeman and a civvie one too................  :o

For the Airshow Diorama, maybe?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 23, 2021, 01:29:48 PM

For the Airshow Diorama, maybe?

Probably, the Predator actually appeared at the Biggin Hill Air Show during the run of the series, complete with Police guard.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Thanks for sharing these !Never heard of either. The second one certainly looks real enough ! Hopefully it was a 500cc two cycle, smoke adds realism lol.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Stunning special effects.

Gondor

Because of the pre-production status of the Predator mouldings, there's a fair number of air bubbles present. Actually there's a HECK of a lot of them, but they're responding to the dreaded PSR routine OK. I'm now on the third bout of PSR on the underside of the fuselage, but the top side, the bit you'll see more often is perfect.  :thumbsup:

So which has more bubbles?

1) Chrunchie
2)Aero
3)Predator

:rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on February 22, 2021, 10:52:17 AM

That wing doesn't look quite thick enough to accommodate those dual wheels. Might look cool with a rearward retraction into Russian style bullets.

There's one pic of the Sovereign that shows 'Tupolev type' bullets behind the trailing edge, but they don't appear in any other static shots. :(

I must look at the vids of the series to try and gain more info on the Sovereign.

As you can see from Jon's pic two posts above this, some of the vids were the 1950s equivalent of CGI.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2021, 03:56:51 AM
Quote from: The Rat on February 22, 2021, 10:52:17 AM

That wing doesn't look quite thick enough to accommodate those dual wheels. Might look cool with a rearward retraction into Russian style bullets.

There's one pic of the Sovereign that shows 'Tupolev type' bullets behind the trailing edge, but they don't appear in any other static shots. :(

Kit, I do not think they are "Soviet type bullets" on the TE of the wings.
Those are the rather low slong engines that you are seeing.

Jim

I must look at the vids of the series to try and gain more info on the Sovereign.

As you can see from Jon's pic two posts above this, some of the vids were the 1950s equivalent of CGI.  :banghead:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

I think what your looking at is the engines seen over the top of the wing rather than fairings to take the undercarriage, the angle is deceptive. Saying that I have an eye test in an hour  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, you're both correct there.  :thumbsup:

I'd forgotten they were so low on the fuselage, prime candidates for FOD damage I'd have thought................ :(

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on February 24, 2021, 05:33:27 AM
I think what your looking at is the engines seen over the top of the wing rather than fairings to take the undercarriage, the angle is deceptive. Saying that I have an eye test in an hour  :rolleyes:

Gondor

So manageing to look at grany pictures from the 50/60's I am fine at, other than that the result of the trip to the optitians is on my Blog.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

After zero progress on this project for THREE years, it's come back to the fore after today's Avon show when OGL and I were discussing it.

I've dug the Predator kits out of their hidey hole and am seriously getting back on it, PSR session #6 about to commence!

Regards
Kit

kerick

Resurrecting an oldy is always fun! I can only imagine that thing trying to take off with some bombs loaded onto it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Where would they go though? Hanging them under the rather small wings is the only option as the fuselage is full of lift jets, cockpits, a monster propulsion jets and a big mainwheel.  :o

The wings are pretty small too, and I think my GR3 ones will have to be longer, if only to hang a couple of 'winders somewhere!

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

Well that just about covers my "learn something everyday" for today.

Neat resin kit though