Metropolitan Police Bumble Bee

Started by NARSES2, February 22, 2021, 07:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 01, 2021, 06:07:27 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on April 30, 2021, 07:34:53 AM
The fertilizer spreader on the bottom Chris, is that so the cops can dump indelible dyed water on rioters   ;D ;D ;D

Yup, along with various other markers and then there's loads of irritants that they could use it to scatter.

I did think about caltrops, but then I mused on how effective they'd be ? Not very against humans I think, or at least not in the quantities we'd be talking about.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rheged

It's a lovely piece of modelling, and a fascinating backstory............. but why do I keep thinking of it as a Met "Bluebottle"?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on May 01, 2021, 09:14:01 AM
It's a lovely piece of modelling, and a fascinating backstory............. but why do I keep thinking of it as a Met "Bluebottle"?

Because you're a traditionalist?  ;)

buzzbomb

Old Wombat

Why? Has it fallen in the water? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 02, 2021, 02:43:54 AM

Bluebottle is old slang for a copper. I think it goes back to the original Peeler days, but was still used when I was a kid in the 50's. Replaced in the 60's by "Rozzers" and "Old Bill".
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 02, 2021, 06:05:25 AM

Bluebottle is old slang for a copper. I think it goes back to the original Peeler days, but was still used when I was a kid in the 50's. Replaced in the 60's by "Rozzers" and "Old Bill".

Cool! New knowledge! :thumbsup:

However, did you pick up on my reference, or was it too obscure? :unsure:

Flyer

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 02, 2021, 09:17:06 PM
Referring to the floating stinging (expletives deleted) critters?  :unsure:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Flyer on May 02, 2021, 10:34:09 PM
Referring to the floating stinging (expletives deleted) critters?  :unsure:

Nope, but that could fit. ;D

I was referring to an English radio show that aired from 1951-1960 (with repeats for decades afterwards) featuring a trio of English comedians (well, one was a Welshman but he couldn't help that).

However, I may have been mistaken as to the character for which the above line was a catchphrase. This catchphrase belongs to Little Jim, not the character I remembered it belonging to, whose catchphrase was "You dirty, rotten swine, you! You have deaded me!"

If none of you are following me, that's fine, I'm having a bit of a rambling day today. ;D

Rheged

Apropos Bluebottle, Eccles, Seagoon and co, I read somewhere, somewhen, that when the idea for the show was first offered to the BBC, one of the senior staff asked:-

".....and what exactly is this Go On Show that you are proposing?"

However, in order to isolate this potential outbreak of thread drift virus, shall we return to the Metropolitan Police Bumble Bee .......bluebottle......flying pig......aeroplod..... or whatever?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

Quote from: Rheged on May 03, 2021, 01:49:28 AM
Apropos Bluebottle, Eccles, Seagoon and co, I read somewhere, somewhen, that when the idea for the show was first offered to the BBC, one of the senior staff asked:-

".....and what exactly is this Go On Show that you are proposing?"

A bit like Tobias in Arrested Development thinking the 'Method One Group' is an acting class.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Ah The Goon Show  ;D. I've always been a Spike Milligan fan  :thumbsup: We used to drink in the Grafton Arms in Strutton Ground when our office was down the road and they still had the Goon's scribbles on the ceiling protected behind a sheet of clear plastic.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 02, 2021, 06:05:25 AM

Used that too, and you missed "the Fuzz"
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Sweet build, I esp. like the registration.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 11, 2021, 08:33:33 AM
Sweet build, I esp. like the registration.  :thumbsup:

Kit came up with that  :thumbsup: