Metropolitan Police Bumble Bee

Started by NARSES2, February 22, 2021, 07:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

I'm more curious how you ordered transfers from Kit's Decals...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

He said 'Can you do some Police type decals for a Bunble Bee?' and I said 'I'll dig around and see what I can come up with'. and I did.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 05, 2021, 03:10:06 AM
He said 'Can you do some Police type decals for a Bunble Bee?' and I said 'I'll dig around and see what I can come up with'. and I did.  ;D

Yup  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 05, 2021, 10:46:15 PM
Nice job he made of it.

Indeed but I'd hate to see the scars on his fingertips, or is that why he wears the gloves ? I could never ever achieve those standards  :o

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 06, 2021, 05:56:23 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 05, 2021, 10:46:15 PM
Nice job he made of it.

Indeed but I'd hate to see the scars on his fingertips, or is that why he wears the gloves ? I could never ever achieve those standards  :o

Yeah, I'm happy to appreciate and cheer on that sort of build standard from the side lines but the aspirations of my Younger Days crashed and burned early on, so I'm now happy with whatever I can achieve.

zenrat

So let me get this straight.  One can set up with Patreon, or its ilk, in the hope that other people will pay for ones modelling?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on March 07, 2021, 07:10:11 PM
So let me get this straight.  One can set up with Patreon, or its ilk, in the hope that other people will pay for ones modelling?

Why not? :unsure:

Look at Forgotten Weapons/Bloke on the Range/Schola Gladiatoria ... Those guys get people to pay for their firearms collections/ammo/arms & armour! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Bench has almost reached a position where it can except a new build so I thought I'd better have a good look at the kit.

To say the instructions are confusing is putting it mildly. There are 6 options in the box when it comes to finish and each one has a different combination of parts, plastic and etch, the control panel has 5 options which involves 5 different etch panels, each comprising of 2 parts. The side panels have 3 possible combinations of parts. Bear in mind as well that my boxing provides these as pre-painted etch or transfers and the transfers look as good as the etch in my view.

Oh on top of that I doubt, given the size of the cockpit and the canopy you'll see any of it anyway ?  :angel:

I need a drink and I've only just read page one of the instructions  :rolleyes:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 26, 2021, 07:27:35 AM
Bench has almost reached a position where it can except a new build so I thought I'd better have a good look at the kit.

To say the instructions are confusing is putting it mildly. There are 6 options in the box when it comes to finish and each one has a different combination of parts, plastic and etch, the control panel has 5 options which involves 5 different etch panels, each comprising of 2 parts. The side panels have 3 possible combinations of parts. Bear in mind as well that my boxing provides these as pre-painted etch or transfers and the transfers look as good as the etch in my view.

Oh on top of that I doubt, given the size of the cockpit and the canopy you'll see any of it anyway ?  :angel:

I need a drink and I've only just read page one of the instructions  :rolleyes:

Yikes, that's definitely been sent through 'The Complicator Device'... possibly more than once...

But HEAPS of cockpit spares, which is nice. :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Well I finally cut plastic and first impressions are :-

1) It's obviously a labour of love from Eduard's point of view.
2) The moulding quality is fantastic.
3) Some parts are exceptionally delicate.
4) So far it is simply falling together and I've made surprisingly quick progress.

I'm going to devote tomorrow to sorting the cockpit etch out, which may take most of my modelling time.

Army of One

Op Bumblebee was the name given by the Met to the crackdown on burglary and burglars.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!