Metropolitan Police Bumble Bee

Started by NARSES2, February 22, 2021, 07:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on April 05, 2021, 03:56:56 AM
Op Bumblebee was the name given by the Met to the crackdown on burglary and burglars.....

Ah, this will have other uses  ;)

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 04, 2021, 05:58:37 AM

I'm going to devote tomorrow to sorting the cockpit etch out, which may take most of my modelling time.

And it has
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Gave up yesterday when the carpet monster got a bit to greedy. Manage to find 2 out of 3 parts that it gobbled up, but still can't find the third, one of the exhausts. It will probably cough it up now I've cobbled up a couple of replacements.

The plastic is quite hard which means you can get sharp/clean separation from the sprue gates, but the layout of the sprues also means they can be a bit springy. Whence the small parts in particular having a tendency to fly off somewhere. Hopefully by cutting the sprues into more manageable portions I've solved with this.....touch wood.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Place some blu-tac under the part, stops it pinging off.  Makes it a little harder to cut but works.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on April 06, 2021, 12:58:25 PM
Place some blu-tac under the part, stops it pinging off.  Makes it a little harder to cut but works.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Progress, the cockpit tub slots into the fuselage and then the fuselage halves fit around it like a dream. I now have the wings and tail appendage (which I 'd assembled whilst waiting for paint to dry) to fit and I can get the primer out. Moving forward  :thumbsup:

If I have one criticism of this kit then it's the instructions. They are a little confusing in places, now most of that is probably down to the kit offering 6 options and each one is different when it comes to parts used. Best method is to pick your option and go through and highlight the instructions where it refers to that option. There's still a couple of areas which take a bit of figuring out, but nothing to drastic and nowhere near as messy as the recent Clear Prop Lagg 5's instructions that I've just built.

I suppose I've been spoilt by the instructions in my recent new tool Airfix builds which are extremely well laid out.

NARSES2

Here's some shots of progress so far

Interior

Cockpit tub

Sub assemblies

PR19_Kit

A pretty ugly aeroplane, but an impressive kit.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2021, 07:08:27 AM

Indeed - this thread's making me want to invest in the Weekend edition!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

What IS a Weekend Edition of a kit anyway?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2021, 10:43:58 AM

IIRC just the plastic - no Profipack resin or etch bells and whistles, and I think reduced decal options (in fact I think different decals with fewer choices).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

buzzbomb

zenrat

So what's the section behind the cockpit with the small window?
A holding cell?  Is this prisoner transport?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on April 08, 2021, 09:36:38 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2021, 07:08:27 AM

Indeed - this thread's making me want to invest in the Weekend edition!

It's a very impressive kit and very much a labour of love on Eduards part one feels. Mind you mines now sulking. Ugly ? How dare you sir ! Robust and workmanlike certainly, but ugly ? Never  :angel:

Quote from: kitbasher on April 08, 2021, 11:30:37 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2021, 10:43:58 AM

IIRC just the plastic - no Profipack resin or etch bells and whistles, and I think reduced decal options (in fact I think different decals with fewer choices).

Yup the Weekend Edition would be a really nice relaxing build. Traditionally the Weekend version offered one markings choice, but the newer ones offer two I think.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 09, 2021, 04:31:03 AM
So what's the section behind the cockpit with the small window?
A holding cell?  Is this prisoner transport?

I hadn't thought of that, stop giving me ideas  ;D

I'm actually not sure, but my first thought was that they were so the pilot or ground crew could check the hopper which holds the fertiliser/pesticide etc and see how much was in there. Then I thought "but if so why would you need one on either side ?" I need to do a little research.

Anyway I now have a complete airframe and hopefully I can get her primed this weekend, providing it's not to cold and windy out on the balcony.

NARSES2

I've had a quick look on-line and can't find any explanation although seeing the way the thing is loaded with the fertiliser etc it may well be my first thoughts are correct ?

I've found details of a version which was configured to carry 3 passengers, but it dispenses with the hopper area completely and has quite a different fuselage. I've also found one of these passenger versions on floats.