Metropolitan Police Bumble Bee

Started by NARSES2, February 22, 2021, 07:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quote from: kitbasher on April 08, 2021, 09:36:38 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2021, 07:08:27 AM
A pretty ugly aeroplane, but an impressive kit.  :thumbsup:

Indeed - this thread's making me want to invest in the Weekend edition!

Beautifully ugly.  This build is making me want one.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

It is an impressive kit and the Profipack is only £3 more than the Weekend edition at Hannants.

The only issue I've had with the build is with the starboard canopy clear panel, and that was totally my fault. I didn't spot the fact that the bottom of the panel slightly overlaps the fuselage panel, well my eyes just didn't see it if I'm honest as the overlap is tiny.  Now Eduard allow for this in the kit and the part will fit perfectly. Me ? I assumed it should be flush and thus assumed it was a poor fit and trimmed and sanded it until I got it to fit. Idiot !  :banghead:

The key word there is "assumed". Never assume, how often have I been told that only to..........  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Gosh, only £3 difference?  Had assumed it was more like a tenner.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Assumption is the mother-in-law of all f**kups.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on April 11, 2021, 03:49:35 AM
Gosh, only £3 difference?  Had assumed it was more like a tenner.

Yup I was very surprised. Worth it if only for the masks and all the options. The masks are not just for the canopy but also for some of the "go fast stripes" etc on the markings options.

Anyway progress

Airframe assembled

Airframe primed

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 09, 2021, 05:41:56 AM
Mind you mines now sulking. Ugly ? How dare you sir ! Robust and workmanlike certainly, but ugly ? Never  :angel:

How about 'Sturdy'?

Tell her she has a Wonderful Personality...  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 12, 2021, 09:52:26 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 09, 2021, 05:41:56 AM
Mind you mines now sulking. Ugly ? How dare you sir ! Robust and workmanlike certainly, but ugly ? Never  :angel:

How about 'Sturdy'?

Tell her she has a Wonderful Personality...  ;)

In my experience that never works  :rolleyes:

Got the anti glare panel done yesterday, so when I get back to the bench I can start getting some details painted and get her glossed for the transfers. Could be fun getting them to settle over that corrugated skin.

Flyer

I like the look of it, but I like the look of almost all Ag aircraft...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

No progress for a couple of days for various reasons  :-\ Hopefully over the weekend

NARSES2

Little bit of work on some of the fiddly bits. Now need to contemplate getting the transfers onto that corrugated surface ?

NARSES2

Started getting the transfers on (not on the corrugated wings yet) and they've behaved brilliantly, so thankyou Kit's Decals  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Oh goody, my fingers are well crossed.

You probably won't need Micro-Sol or -Set with that decal paper as it's very thin, but if you do need to settle them down a bit don't leave the Micro stuff on too long. Wash it off with water after signs of settling show up or else they'll wrinkle.

Don't ask me how I know this.................... :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Got the underwing transfers on yesterday and they behaved perfectly over the corrugated surface, well done and thank you Kit  :thumbsup: I just used Klear over them.

Meanwhile I also got the undercarriage sorted. If ever there was a kit that could do with metal legs, it's this one. They are almost certainly perfectly to scale given Eduard's approach to this kit and I'm not sure if they will take the strain ? We shall see.

buzzbomb

Progressing very nicely.
For the proposed role, this airframe appears to be a very neat fit.