Call for 2021/2022 GB Suggestions

Started by NARSES2, March 06, 2021, 06:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: tigercat on March 07, 2021, 03:59:31 AM
I'm intrigued at what a What If Kylie would be like !!

I could tell you, but this is a family website...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 07, 2021, 03:30:00 AM

I apologise if there seems a lot Chris but I have actually merged a few and deleted some already covered.
Honest  ;)

No probs mate, I know you keep notes during the year.

Quote from: tigercat on March 07, 2021, 03:59:31 AM
I'm intrigued at what a What If Kylie would be like !!

Me to, lucky I've not got a blood pressure check tomorrow  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Unusually I'll add one of my own.

The Anniversary GB. Find an anniversary that is occurring this year and build something inspired by that. Anniversaries would need to be multiple's of 10 (possibly 5) so no 298th anniversary of ......... etc.

As an example the 320th Anniversary of the War of the Spanish Succession 1701 to 1714. Sometimes known in the UK as the Marlburian War. Louis XIV's Air Force, Tank Corps ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sport21ing

Expeditionary Forces - OTL exemples: WWI's Portuguese And Thailandese Expeditionary Forces; WWII's Brazilian Expeditionary Force and Blue Division

Operation Downfall - Yes, one was already made, but since there's also two "Navy" and two "Cold War" GB's, I give it another go

Operation Unthinkable
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

AeroplaneDriver

I like the "Old Kit" and "Gunship" ideas a lot. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McColm

Another idea is Biz jets,  business jets with no more than 40 passengers.
These can be based on real world or kitbashed, shortened fuselages or adding a longer wing.

McColm

Car estates/shooting brakes/station wagons that never went into production.
This includes all the concept designs that never made it into a full run production . This excludes Tor cars and Crayford cars, small design companies such as the Lynx Eventer.
Examples would be the Rover P5 and P6 estates these are excluded but the Rover SD1 estate would be included. Hatchbacks and fastbacks are excluded as well.
I will except any Ford Mustang after 1970 as there's a few Mustang station wagons based on the early models.

Rheged

Quote from: Rheged on March 06, 2021, 09:24:30 AM
One I've thought of for a while is  SUB ZERO, which would permit everything from steam driven snowploughs via icebreakers and trans-Antarctic vehicles to absolutely anything on skis.  Equipment belonging to the Greenland Defence forces, the Canadian Inuit Rangers, the Himalayan rescue services and Taiga Travel and Tourism Ltd would also count.

I've deliberately tried to make this as wide a subject as possible.

On mature reflection, this could be subsumed (good word!)  into Sandiego89's suggestion of "Trashhaulers", .  The "sub-zero" ideas I had are all logistics based  and if they are combined it's one less for Chris to deal with.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on March 09, 2021, 08:15:32 AM

Car estates/shooting brakes/station wagons that never went into production.
This includes all the concept designs that never made it into a full run production . This excludes Tor cars and Crayford cars, small design companies such as the Lynx Eventer.
Examples would be the Rover P5 and P6 estates these are excluded but the Rover SD1 estate would be included. Hatchbacks and fastbacks are excluded as well.
I will except any Ford Mustang after 1970 as there's a few Mustang station wagons based on the early models.

There were only two P5 estates, and there was only one SD1 estate, AFAIK. Why the difference in your classification?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

crudebuteffective

ok here is my idea for what its worth

alternative jet timelines

jets were invented before monoplanes so you get jet engined biplanes

jets came after swept wings so you get prop driven delta or swing wing

the jet engine never existed you get prop driven A10 OR 747 etc

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

kitbasher

Quote from: crudebuteffective on March 09, 2021, 08:57:00 AM

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE

EDIT: I think this could be merged with my earlier suggestion 'Piston Perfection GB - a rerun of the 2008 GB.  It's got jets?  Not in Whifworld.  It's got piston engines?  Nope, not here!'
I'm up for that.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

That sounds interesting, BAGS of scope there.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 09, 2021, 09:22:53 AM
That sounds interesting, BAGS of scope there.  :thumbsup:

I agree.

Apologies for misremembering the Piston Perfection GB, got it my head that was more a piston/jet engine swap GB.  So a merger wouldn't be feasible, I don't think (although my Piston Perfection entry would fit the engine swap idea).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

loupgarou

Quote from: kitbasher on March 09, 2021, 09:12:04 AM

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE

I think this could be merged with my earlier suggestion 'Piston Perfection GB - a rerun of the 2008 GB.  It's got jets?  Not in Whifworld.  It's got piston engines?  Nope, not here!'

Beg your pardon, I continue NOT to understand. "It's got jets?  Not in Whifworld" so no jet engines. "It's got piston engines?  Nope, not here!" so no piston engines. And then??? What propulsion form would be allowed?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

Quote from: loupgarou on March 09, 2021, 12:15:12 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on March 09, 2021, 09:12:04 AM

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE

I think this could be merged with my earlier suggestion 'Piston Perfection GB - a rerun of the 2008 GB.  It's got jets?  Not in Whifworld.  It's got piston engines?  Nope, not here!'

Beg your pardon, I continue NOT to understand. "It's got jets?  Not in Whifworld" so no jet engines. "It's got piston engines?  Nope, not here!" so no piston engines. And then??? What propulsion form would be allowed?

Steam?  Muscle?  Magic?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng