Call for 2021/2022 GB Suggestions

Started by NARSES2, March 06, 2021, 06:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewF

Following on from someone's suggestion on my Airacobra profile thread, how about an American Volunteer Group GB? Different aircraft, different timeframe, theatre, etc. The only constraint would be that the markings should be "identifiable" as AVG markings - in other words, a WW1 AVG would have the sharkmouth, "Flying Tiger" cartoon etc. but they would be designed differently to reflect the graphic style of the era (for example the "Tiger" wouldn't be a 1940's style Disney graphic).

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 11, 2021, 12:08:00 PM
Quote from: McColm on March 11, 2021, 10:49:38 AM

Shortened aircraft
The Boeing 747 was shortened to the Boeing 747 SP, so what about shortening the fuselage of the B-52 or B-36? I'm not too sure why you should need to but the variants in the military and civilian aircraft could be a head turner .
It works for the Airfix BAe Nimrod as I removed a section forward of the wings and at the rear in my attempt to civilianize it.

I like it.  :thumbsup:  ;D ;)

Me too, but how about we expand it to be Shorter, Longer, Narrower, Wider, Higher, or Lower and open to anything not just aircraft.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

From a Profile GB.  Take a profile by one of the excellent whiffing artists posting here and reproduce it in 3D.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Sport21ing

Another idea:

Bite Me! or Shark Mouths - based on this link: http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/577/Bite-Me.aspx

Pretty much anything (military or civilian - air, ground or sea) with a shark (or other carnivore) mouth  ;D
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Sport21ing on March 12, 2021, 03:47:07 AM

Pretty much anything (military or civilian - air, ground or sea) with a shark (or other carnivore) mouth  ;D

Bags of scope there for sure.  :thumbsup:

I'm surprised some of the more aggressive looking cars haven't been decorated with sharks mouths, the current MEGA-ugly BMWs being a good starting point.

Oh, they have...........

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2021, 05:39:28 AM
Quote from: Sport21ing on March 12, 2021, 03:47:07 AM

Bags of scope there for sure.  :thumbsup:

I'm surprised some of the more aggressive looking cars haven't been decorated with sharks mouths, the current MEGA-ugly BMWs being a good starting point.

Oh, they have...........

That looks surprisingly appropriate (the whole paint scheme) on a late 4th Gen Firebird.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Flyer

It would be a pain to organize and would have postage costs for the participants but I quite like an idea SWMBO suggested to me a while ago and that is a secret Santa/ spares and repairs sort of thing where members place a nominated amount of part's of their choice from their spares stock in a box and posts it to another random member who then has to make something from it using all the parts from the box only and no extra part's of their own...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

McColm

Elvis Presley's vehicles
Having watched a documentary about the vehicles Elvis owned for a whiffer this covers most subjects. I'm not too sure if he ever owned a train or had a carriage converted for him and his mafia but that shouldn't prevent a whiff being created.

NARSES2

Quote from: Flyer on March 12, 2021, 11:47:52 AM
It would be a pain to organize and would have postage costs for the participants but I quite like an idea SWMBO suggested to me a while ago and that is a secret Santa/ spares and repairs sort of thing where members place a nominated amount of part's of their choice from their spares stock in a box and posts it to another random member who then has to make something from it using all the parts from the box only and no extra part's of their own...

We did indeed have a similar build within the UK Product Group many moons ago and there's been talk over the years of doing it again. However it would be very difficult to organise for the Site, given its global nature. Even more difficult what with all the various different world wide Covid regulations etc.

If we were to do something like this, then to make it slightly more controllable it would probably be best if we kept the "swapping" within continents ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Superheroes  alternative vehicles
Speaks for itself, what they should have got and not what they were given.

Rheged

One item build.   Everyone builds, for instance, a  1/72 Spitfire, as augmented from your  imagination and scraps box. One could have anything from a aircraft via speedboat to a racing car.

Family Rheged did this three years ago with some  cheap Lindberg Me 163 kits as a Boxing Day afternoon activity when it was too wet to go out. Our elder son produced a steampunk variant, all rivets and Brunellian, but the winner was  his wife who made an Me163 like a Faberge egg (possibly Herman Goering's private aircraft, given the bling he liked). Madame R built a refugee from "Yellow Submarine" Our younger son produced  an RAE Komet  and mine was a boring, ordinary NASA offering.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

The thought of a Faberge Me-163 surely BOGGLES the mind!  :-X
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

So many great ideas on here. I see 4-5 ideas so far thet I'd definitely be invoved in. 

I really like the "Secret Santa" idea.  I enjoyed that GB when we did it a few times many moons ago.  I'd be happy to volunteer some time for logistics for something like this, gling through entrants and pairing people up according to georgraphy. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2021, 07:42:01 AM

I can't find the photo, but think of a Komet stood on its tail, lapis lazuli blue, with a golden nose and canopy, and jewelled panel lines running nose to tail.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on March 14, 2021, 09:07:06 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2021, 07:42:01 AM

I can't find the photo, but think of a Komet stood on its tail, lapis lazuli blue, with a golden nose and canopy, and jewelled panel lines running nose to tail.

That's pretty much what I had in mind too, having seen Doenitz' baton in the Shrewsbury Town Museum (No, I don't know why it's there either...)

Well OTT!

Regards
Kit