DONE +++ 1:24 Daihatsu Move, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Dept., late 90ies

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 09, 2021, 11:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

That is the funniest looking cop car ever.  ;D ;D ;D ;D  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can just imagine one of them trying to catch a hopped up Nissan R34 coupe.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Well, kei cars are not uncommon in Japanese service, even though there are certainly better choices for motorway chases...  ;D E.g. this here:

And some inspirational literature (You are under arrest, Chapter II): https://w11.mangafreak.net/Read1_You_Are_Under_Arrest_2

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 16, 2021, 07:22:02 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on March 16, 2021, 05:35:29 AM

Are you sure it's not real? :unsure: ;) :thumbsup:

My first thought  ;)

Really nice Dizzy  :thumbsup:

Me too.  Certainly looks at home in the city streets of Japan, and would be in some rural communities too.

I think even the highways could be patrolled by some of those pocket rocket Kei cars, suitability tuned.  Future build maybe?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Doug K

I'm sure I've seen that in Akihabera busting the R4 card sellers....

buzzbomb

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, too! BTW, in the meantime I found this here:

1996 Daihatsu Move mini patrol car (L600S) : Yokosuka Police Regional Crime Prevention Unit, Kanagawa pref.
by Omawari san, on Flickr

Unexpected - but apparently I am not too far away from reality with my model.  :angel:

Old Wombat

Not overly surprised, really. After all, not every police car is a traffic pursuit vehicle. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Good job Dizz.  Looks the biz.
:thumbsup:

One tip, black wash in the panel gaps on white vehicles always looks too harsh.  I use thinned Tamiya Smoke acrylic paint.  It gives the required dark line but isn't too stark.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, I used my usual thinned black in washing, and actually applied three "layers" on the door and panel outlines because I found the initial, rather translucent/grey effect, not convincing.  :o
Smoke is a great weapon for this task, nevertheless, but I prefer the ink because it can be wiped off a lot easier than the Tamiya stuff.  ;)

CANSO

QuoteBTW, in the meantime I found this here:

1996 Daihatsu Move mini patrol car (L600S) : Yokosuka Police Regional Crime Prevention Unit, Kanagawa pref.
by Omawari san, on Flickr
Unexpected - but apparently I am not too far away from reality with my model.  :angel:

I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand it :rolleyes:. I don't know all Japanese cars that well.
Is this model not a whiff or are you saying that somebody copied/used your model without permission? :o