The fastest ever ambulance....

Started by PR19_Kit, March 10, 2021, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 12, 2021, 07:11:31 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on March 12, 2021, 06:34:20 AM
Beg your pardon, but I am surprised nobody (baf me) commented on the verb urinate used by Zenrat (probably via automatic corrector):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urination

That's fine, we native English speakers use the term "urinate", when being polite, or "piss", when being vulgar, quite interchangeably in a context pretty much parallel to the phrase "rain on someone's parade".

Ah, well, so it was intentional. I had supposed it was a mistake by an automatic translator. It doesn't sound very nice to Kit's model.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Nick

Quote from: Martin H on March 11, 2021, 12:36:28 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 10, 2021, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 10, 2021, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2021, 10:43:29 AM

What about the AvPro Exint Pod?
I might use this on one of my ideas if I get round to it. Does anyone do these in 1/72?

https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2014/04/exint-pod/

That rings bells, I think someone DID do them in resin a couple of years ago.

Fairly certain I've seen them pop up occasionally in resin on eBay.  No recollection of maker or scale though.

EDIT:  Quick search on The Goobles indicates SpotOn Designs made them in 1/72 but currently show out of stock. So there are some floating around (no pun intended).   

They are available on Shapeways........

Thanks Martin!

Wait for website to open... Hmm, £11 for a pair of pods and £14 for shipping. Yeah but no.

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on March 12, 2021, 09:44:46 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on March 12, 2021, 07:11:31 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on March 12, 2021, 06:34:20 AM
Beg your pardon, but I am surprised nobody (baf me) commented on the verb urinate used by Zenrat (probably via automatic corrector):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urination

That's fine, we native English speakers use the term "urinate", when being polite, or "piss", when being vulgar, quite interchangeably in a context pretty much parallel to the phrase "rain on someone's parade".

Ah, well, so it was intentional. I had supposed it was a mistake by an automatic translator. It doesn't sound very nice to Kit's model.

As Chris wasn't chucking a sicky yesterday I was avoiding another entry in The Book by being polite and not using the phrase "piss on Kit's fireworks".
This is a metaphor for spoiling someone's plans.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

In general I quite like Airfix's modern style instructions, with detailed diagrams showing you stuff that's already been assembled in a different colour, but.......

It's a REAL pain that they give you the various colours in Humbrol number codes, but they don't have the codes listed in the instructions ANYWHERE!  :banghead:

Having to look the colours up on the Humbrol site is a serious pain, and as they give the external colours printed on the colour scheme drawing wouldn't it make a lot of sense to just print all the others you need as well?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Some obvious feedback for their website, then, Kit. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

On the new tool Spitfire the numbers of the colours specified are on the box top and the names of them "Dark Earth" etc are on the coloured 4 view sheets for the camouflage and markings placement. They could do with some more detail when it comes details etc though.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2021, 03:40:28 PM
It's a REAL pain that they give you the various colours in Humbrol number codes, but they don't have the codes listed in the instructions ANYWHERE!  :banghead:

What, you can not pray down the Humbrol paint list...!?  ;)

PR19_Kit

You're missing the point.............

The fact that the builder HAS to look up some other reference to find what colours to paint the model is a dis-incentive to buying the next kit by that manufacturer, don't you think? If you were a new modeller you'd surely get a Tamiya or Special Hobby kit next as they tell you what actual colours to use, not give you a 'code number'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I know what you mean Kit and I think it's a short sighted approach for manufacturer's to take.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 16, 2021, 07:15:59 AM
I know what you mean Kit and I think it's a short sighted approach for manufacturer's to take.

And implies a sort of 'in the know/club' mentality.
Makes those newcomers feel left out, or not part of things.

PR19_Kit

So I downloaded the latest Humbrol colour chart (which they seem to change every six months or so...) and checked the first colour on the Lightning's cockpit assembly, No. 85.

Humbrol don't do an 85.......................!   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The hell with it, I'll paint it any old colour I feel like!

Regards
Kit

Martin H

85 was Coal Black Kit. and most lightning pits ive looked into have been mainly "Black"

Time to introduce you to the Life color black set. ive used 4 of the six shades in the set on almost every build ive done in the last 4-5 years.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 16, 2021, 03:49:10 PM
So I downloaded the latest Humbrol colour chart (which they seem to change every six months or so...) and checked the first colour on the Lightning's cockpit assembly, No. 85.

Humbrol don't do an 85.......................!   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The hell with it, I'll paint it any old colour I feel like!

Humbrol still do 85 Coal Black. The real question is "Why the everlasting &$%@ is it listed after all the other Matt colours on Page 4 of the chart?"

Why are Coal Black and Oak out of sequence in this list? https://uk.humbrol.com/support-and-advice/advice/humbrol-wallchart

https://uk.airfix.com/products/no-85-coal-black-satin-tinlet-no-1-14ml-aa0936

kerick

So how does the whiff look so far? I imagine the "patient compartment" looking like the Space Shuttle when the doors were open.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise