The fastest ever ambulance....

Started by PR19_Kit, March 10, 2021, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I'm suitably amazed that some manufacturers can actually make plastic kits in which the parts actually fit together!  :o :o

My recently bought Airfix Lightning F6 (the one with no tailplanes on the box art  ;D) does go together very well. I hardly had to file, chop, sand or carve ANY of the sides or ends of the parts and they all look as if they're meant to fit. Amazing.

Yes, it's going to be an ambulance, a VERY fast ambulance, and with 'limited' accommodation, but it will get the casualty to hospital just about as fast as possible.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jettisonable belly pod?  Organ and blood transport would work too.  :thumbsup:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

It's amazing how fast a  build can go when the kits well designed and the parts fit. It's been a real pleasure putting this together, most enjoyable.  ;D

You may notice it only has one jetpipe, but you don't need a jetpipe if you don't have an engine in front of it, do you?

Well the casualties have to go SOMEwhere, don't they?  ;)

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 10, 2021, 07:38:14 AM

You may notice it only has one jetpipe, but you don't need a jetpipe if you don't have an engine in front of it, do you?

Well the casualties have to go SOMEwhere, don't they?  ;)

Keep them nice and snug and warm  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Replace the overwing tanks with overwing pods

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Never thought that I might combine the words "ambulance" and "barbeque" in a single post?  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 10, 2021, 07:44:35 AM

Keep them nice and snug and warm  :angel:

Exactly, they're always wrapping you in blankets in hospital, aren't they?  ;D

Quote from: Gondor on March 10, 2021, 07:51:51 AM

Replace the overwing tanks with overwing pods

It's going to need all the fuel it can get, and I've figured a place to add even more tanks.  ;)

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 10, 2021, 08:30:21 AM

Never thought that I might combine the words "ambulance" and "barbeque" in a single post?  ;D

Hehehe.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

frank2056

So it's like an A-5 Vigilante, only the "patient" gets ejected over the hospital target? Maybe it's set up like the vent in the Death Star and the patient gets delivered directly into the surgical theater.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: frank2056 on March 10, 2021, 09:02:01 AM

So it's like an A-5 Vigilante, only the "patient" gets ejected over the hospital target? Maybe it's set up like the vent in the Death Star and the patient gets delivered directly into the surgical theater.

I hadn't actually thought that far ahead, about getting the casualties into the hospital I mean. There's room for two of them on the 'upper deck' and i suppose I could arrange for them to be shot out of the upper jetpipe hole like an A-5, yes.

Originally I was going to fair in the upper jetpipe with a boat tail, but maybe not.......  ;D

Conversely, the pilot could just invert the aircraft, open the bay doors and drop out them out with 'chutes........  ;)

Regards
Kit

Nick

What about the AvPro Exint Pod?
I might use this on one of my ideas if I get round to it. Does anyone do these in 1/72?

https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2014/04/exint-pod/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2021, 10:43:29 AM

I might use this on one of my ideas if I get round to it. Does anyone do these in 1/72?

That rings bells, I think someone DID do them in resin a couple of years ago.

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 10, 2021, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2021, 10:43:29 AM

That rings bells, I think someone DID do them in resin a couple of years ago.

Fairly certain I've seen them pop up occasionally in resin on eBay.  No recollection of maker or scale though.

EDIT:  Quick search on The Goobles indicates SpotOn Designs made them in 1/72 but currently show out of stock. So there are some floating around (no pun intended).   
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

jcf

Not to be that guy, but wouldn't you have a lot more room and easier loading
if you removed the bottom engine, as it's mounted forward of the top engine?
This would also put the patients further away from engine heat.

PR19_Kit

Maybe, but I figure it's better the other way round, the RAF being well supplied with cranes to lower the stretchers into the upper loading bay.

In any case, it's cut and dried now..............

Regards
Kit

tigercat

They'll never sell any icecream going  that fast  ;D