The fastest ever ambulance....

Started by PR19_Kit, March 10, 2021, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 10, 2021, 02:08:59 PM
Maybe, but I figure it's better the other way round, the RAF being well supplied with cranes to lower the stretchers into the upper loading bay.

In any case, it's cut and dried now..............

Possibly good for hypothermia emergencies.  ;D

Old Wombat

I may well be "one of those people" with this but ... Wouldn't removing one of the engines rather reduce the top speed of the Lightning somewhat? :unsure:

Edit: Just had a thought (Scary, I know! :wacko:) but what about a smallish liquid-fuel rocket motor where the upper engine went? Take-off & landing can be done on the turbine with the rocket brought on-line, once airborne, to speed the journey.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 10, 2021, 02:08:59 PM

That arrangement somehow makes me wonder about a private jet version with a (narrow, though) passenger compartment in place of the upper engine?

buzzbomb

Well certainly a different take on things

kitbasher

Quote from: scooter on March 10, 2021, 06:23:24 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jettisonable belly pod?  Organ and blood transport would work too.  :thumbsup:

Unless Kit fits a huge great FOD guard to this there will be LOTS of organ and blood 'transportation'!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

The 'cargo bay' doors aren't in place yet of course, but they'll be displayed in the open position or it would look just like a Lightning............  ;D

And the 'passengers' have to be lying down as there isn't enough room for them to sit.

Sure it won't be as quick as a normal F6, but it certainly will be fast, and with better fuel tankage it'll have much longer range.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 10, 2021, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 10, 2021, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2021, 10:43:29 AM

What about the AvPro Exint Pod?
I might use this on one of my ideas if I get round to it. Does anyone do these in 1/72?

https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2014/04/exint-pod/

That rings bells, I think someone DID do them in resin a couple of years ago.

Fairly certain I've seen them pop up occasionally in resin on eBay.  No recollection of maker or scale though.

EDIT:  Quick search on The Goobles indicates SpotOn Designs made them in 1/72 but currently show out of stock. So there are some floating around (no pun intended).   

They are available on Shapeways........
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

zenrat

It strikes me one could urinate on kit's pyrotechnics by building a faster ambulance.
Su-34 has room for two seated patients in the "sleeper cab" area behind the cockpit and you could get an entire platoon of casualties in the nose of a MiG 25...
;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on March 12, 2021, 02:45:11 AM
It strikes me one could urinate on kit's pyrotechnics by building a faster ambulance.
Su-34 has room for two seated patients in the "sleeper cab" area behind the cockpit and you could get an entire platoon of casualties in the nose of a MiG 25...
;)

:o :o :o :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 12, 2021, 02:45:11 AM
;)

You could probably get 4 litters ( in a 2x2 mounting) in a modified B-58 MB-1C pod, with accompanying flight medic.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

All of those are possible, yes, but the operative word is 'could'.

Mine actually exists, or it will do before much longer.  ;D ;D ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Beg your pardon, but I am surprised nobody (baf me) commented on the verb urinate used by Zenrat (probably via automatic corrector):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urination
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Quote from: loupgarou on March 12, 2021, 06:34:20 AM
Beg your pardon, but I am surprised nobody (baf me) commented on the verb urinate used by Zenrat (probably via automatic corrector):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urination

That's fine, we native English speakers use the term "urinate", when being polite, or "piss", when being vulgar, quite interchangeably in a context pretty much parallel to the phrase "rain on someone's parade".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on March 12, 2021, 05:12:08 AM

You could probably get 4 litters ( in a 2x2 mounting) in a modified B-58 MB-1C pod, with accompanying flight medic.

And imagine how many you could get into a B-70?  ;)

And WITH their medical attendants as well!

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 11, 2021, 03:24:16 AM
The 'cargo bay' doors aren't in place yet of course, but they'll be displayed in the open position or it would look just like a Lightning............  ;D

And the 'passengers' have to be lying down as there isn't enough room for them to sit.

Sure it won't be as quick as a normal F6, but it certainly will be fast, and with better fuel tankage it'll have much longer range.

Yeah, they'll be able to get the patient(s) two counties over instead of just one.  :wacko: