The fastest ever ambulance....

Started by PR19_Kit, March 10, 2021, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Trying to put the kit decals on this is model driving me CRAZY!  :banghead: :banghead:

There are ZILLIONS of them, and no way am I going to use them all, as many are military and it isn't any more, so leaving some off will be fine, but just SEEING them is difficult once they're off the backing sheet, and some are yellow anyway, so it's pointless using them.

Every time I get back on doing this from another project, something goes wrong, and I lose my temper with it. At this rate I'll be lucky to finish the blasted thing inside the time limit! :( :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

As has been said before, "Yoo Can Doo Eet!"  :thumbsup:

Say they haven't finished reapplying them after the repaint?

PR19_Kit

I'm only using the larger stencil decals on this model, and the ones on the airframe are on now. Got a few to put on the big tanks, and some extra wing walks to be added when I've printed them, but that's as far as I'm going now.

You'll note the extra small tanks hung on the old missile pylons, every little helps when you're flying a Lightning.  ;)

Oh yes, I've finished the back story too, you'll LOVE it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2021, 01:44:11 PM

You'll note the extra small tanks hung on the old missile pylons, every little helps when you're flying a Lightning.  ;)

But with only one engine she will have "loads" of range/endurance!  Maybe a 60 minute sortie!! ha

Looks great
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

As long as that?  ;D

She'll have an IFR probe as well, mind you.  ;)

Regards
Kit

ericr

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2021, 03:32:02 PM
As long as that?  ;D

She'll have an IFR probe as well, mind you.  ;)

You could install a 2-channels  IFR probe, the  other for blood plasma.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on April 09, 2021, 12:03:38 AM

You could install a 2-channels  IFR probe, the  other for blood plasma.

I LIKE that idea, I may just do that, but I'll have to wait till I get home on the 15th as I've only one IFR probe here.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Of course in an alternative reality the struggle for ambulance superiority between rival insurance companies led to them arming their air-ambulances...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 09, 2021, 04:44:30 AM

Of course in an alternative reality the struggle for ambulance superiority between rival insurance companies led to them arming their air-ambulances...

Ooops, by adding the small tanks I've screwed up carrying any missiles. :(

I could re-instate the belly gun pack, or even install the F2A's cheek guns too?

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 09, 2021, 05:53:46 AM

Ooops, by adding the small tanks I've screwed up carrying any missiles. :(

For extra capacity, the tanks could be swapped for Bell 47 M*A*S*H style stretcher pods.

Tail gun for ambulance chasers???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Underwing tanks in place of the Rocket or Bombs used by the export Lightnings?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....