DONE @p.5 +++ HAL Samudree Baaj (Sea Hawk) Mk. 201, Indian Navy

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 20, 2021, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 23, 2021, 02:22:33 AM
I assume that - like the Matchbox Hawk 200 - the kit was designed during the real aircraft's early stages. The Italeri Goshawk might represent a T-45A, but not a later, updated C.
And the wings have AFAIK the same span, just the area is a little bigger through the different shape. But the stablizers should have a bigger span (at least with the squared tips).

Italeri were also probably saveing money altering as little as possible or as little as they could get away with. This would be a good kit for an update set from a friendly manufacturer or maybe just a complete new build by a large scale manufacturer.

Gondor

*EDIT: Just found out that Wolfpack do a T-45C based on the Italeri T-45 in 1/72*
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on March 23, 2021, 02:30:10 AM
*EDIT: Just found out that Wolfpack do a T-45C based on the Italeri T-45 in 1/72*

Does it come with different wing surfaces, though?

On edit: apparently not, there are just some extra PE dashboard parts included, but not the correct wings and the ventral fin is also missing (even though the painting instructions show the correct shapes!  :o):
http://mmzone.co.kr/mms_tool/mt_view.php?mms_db_name=mmz_media&mms_cat=[%EB%A6%AC%EB%B7%B0]&no=1522&keyword=&where=&mode=&start_page=0

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 23, 2021, 03:45:02 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 23, 2021, 02:30:10 AM

Does it come with different wing surfaces, though?

On edit: apparently not, there are just some extra PE dashboard parts included, but not the correct wings and the ventral fin is also missing (even though the painting instructions show the correct shapes!  :o):
http://mmzone.co.kr/mms_tool/mt_view.php?mms_db_name=mmz_media&mms_cat=[%EB%A6%AC%EB%B7%B0]&no=1522&keyword=&where=&mode=&start_page=0

Perhaps I can use those instructions as plans to produce the correct shapes?

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

What a splendid pic that is Thomas.  :thumbsup:

Loads of views of T-45s, all in the same pic!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

:angel: :angel: :angel:

(Yes, I gnow it's a Gnat!)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

News from day #4/5: the canopy had, despite best efforts to adapt the Hawk 200 fuselage to the T-45, to be tailored to the opening, and final small bits and pieces fall into place:

1:72 HAL ,,Samudree Baaj" (समुद्री बाज, Sea Hawk) Mk. 201; aicraft ,,51 (IN608)" of the Indian Navy 300 Squadron "The White Tigers"; Naval Air Station Hansa (Goa, India), early 2021 (What-if/kitbashing) - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Painting started, too:

1:72 HAL ,,Samudree Baaj" (समुद्री बाज, Sea Hawk) Mk. 201; aicraft ,,51 (IN608)" of the Indian Navy 300 Squadron "The White Tigers"; Naval Air Station Hansa (Goa, India), early 2021 (What-if/kitbashing) - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The livery is very conservative - I wanted to stay true to SPINNERS' rendition, but also add personal flavor and change some details that appear more appropriate to me (e.g. roundel placement on the fuselage, but that's still TBD). The result is uniform Dark Sea Grey (Humbrol 164) on top and Medium Sea Grey (Modelmaster 2058) underneath - albeit the latter has a markedly bluish hue and looks almost like PRU Blue on the model! Some late Indian Sea Harriers carried such a livery, even though most retained the more stylish EDSG/White Royal Navy delivery livery. And I know of a Harriet two-seater in MSG/White, what also looks pretty good. With the first paint on the hull, the bodywork looks better than expected! In parallel I have started to collect ordnance and prepare it.

PR19_Kit

That's got almost as many fins, slats and other surfaces on the tail as the Beech 1900D, the current world record holder for such things.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yup, I grafted anything onto it what's possible. The fins in front of the stabilizers are "real", though, carried by the T-45 and also by some Hawk 100s, and the eight dogteeth come from the Hawk 100, too, since I omitted the T-45's slats for this fictional variant. This thing is a true BAe Hawk remix.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 24, 2021, 06:20:50 AM

Yup, I grafted anything onto it what's possible. The fins in front of the stabilizers are "real", though, carried by the T-45 and also by some Hawk 100s, and the eight dogteeth come from the Hawk 100, too, since I omitted the T-45's slats for this fictional variant. This thing is a true BAe Hawk remix.  ;)

Knowing the way the guys at Brough thought, they've probably already done one like that and it's stashed away in a hangar at Warton.  ;D

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Looking good  Thomas  :thumbsup:
Seen as I  have a dead hawk fuselage I  going  to try and make a twin engine  variant from my spares or repair  Hawk 200, that should give me a headache  no doubt  ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: chrisonord on March 24, 2021, 06:24:30 AM
Looking good  Thomas  :thumbsup:
Seen as I  have a dead hawk fuselage I  going  to try and make a twin engine  variant from my spares or repair  Hawk 200, that should give me a headache  no doubt  ;D
Chris

That sounds challenging - maybe integrate the rear fuselage from an F-5? This could work and even look good. ;-)

I have also some Hawk projects on the list, including a T-45 variant, a propeller conversion(!) and even a helicopter (!!) on a Hawk 100 basis.  :mellow: I am just happy, though, that I found a use for the otherwise rather blunt Matchbox 200. With all the leftover parts and some surplus sprues (Revell kit) I might even be able to cobble together a complete extra Hawk two-seater of some sort now.  ;D

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 24, 2021, 06:40:42 AM

I have also some Hawk projects on the list, including a T-45 variant, a propeller conversion(!) and even a helicopter (!!) on a Hawk 100 basis.  :mellow: I am just happy, though, that I found a use for the otherwise rather blunt Matchbox 200. With all the leftover parts and some surplus sprues (Revell kit) I might even be able to cobble together a complete extra Hawk two-seater of some sort now.  ;D

I like the sound of that  :thumbsup:

I am guessing the two seat Hawk cockpit to be in place of the "normal" cockpit of an attack helicopter or will you completly kit-bash the whole fuselage together?

Gondor