DONE @p.5 +++ HAL Samudree Baaj (Sea Hawk) Mk. 201, Indian Navy

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 20, 2021, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Thank you very much for your sympathy - and it helped! Things got better yesterday evening and I picked up work on the Hawk again, detail painting and decals:

1:72 HAL ,,Samudree Baaj" (समुद्री बाज, Sea Hawk) Mk. 201; aicraft ,,51 (IN608)" of the Indian Navy 300 Squadron "The White Tigers"; Naval Air Station Hansa (Goa, India), early 2021 (What-if/kitbashing) - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 HAL ,,Samudree Baaj" (समुद्री बाज, Sea Hawk) Mk. 201; aicraft ,,51 (IN608)" of the Indian Navy 300 Squadron "The White Tigers"; Naval Air Station Hansa (Goa, India), early 2021 (What-if/kitbashing) - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

However, everything seems to come at a price: while I am walking upright again, my otherwise reliable car broke mysteriously down this morning and could not be started anymore. Battery is O.K., but the starter seems to be detached from the engine. :-\ One problem solved, the next one is waiting in line!

zenrat

Threes Dizz.  They come in threes.

:o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Good news! I was lucky that one of my trusted workshop's team offered to drop by after closing time, on a Saturday (!!!), and thankfully the whole affair turned out to be(only) a drowned engine - yesterday I moved the car for a gardener in the neighborhood, but did not drive it for long because I was in home office - apparently not good for the small engine. But under professional hands the error was immediately diagnosed and everything is running again now. Phew! :angel:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Don't you just LOVE it when a plan comes together?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Well, I rather believe in good karma in this case.  :angel:

Rick Lowe

Dizzyfugu

Building phase finished, maybe I can take some scenic pictures today.

chrisonord

That looks bob on that does Thomas :thumbsup:
I  have had a think about your  proposal  for a hawk based helicopter  too, and I  am liking the sound  of it. Possibly a  modern remake of Airwolf?? :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!