The Berkshire Mirage - Fairey Delta F.1

Started by CammNut, March 21, 2021, 06:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Gilbertson

comrade harps

Beautiful, seamless kitbashing! I also see a bit of the Douglas F4D Skyway in there. Utterly convincing.  :wub: :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Weaver

That looks great - very, very credible. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There WAS a plan for a relatively small fighter derivative (ER.103C?) but it was still bigger than the FD.2, being scaled up to use a DH Gyron or Rb.106 engine. It had Su-15-style air intakes rather than the blended ones, and reduced sweep on the outer wing (much smaller area than the Draken though) in order to carry two Firestreak/Red Top on tip rails. The trouble was that the RAF had convinced themselves that nothing smaller than the F.155 monsters would do, so there was never any official interest in it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

That's very pretty, great piece of work!  :lol:  :thumbsup:

rickshaw

Looks good.  I did one in Isreali service - The Fairey Delta II – דֶלתָא – in Israeli service:

And a twin-seater trainer, again in Israeli service:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

The more I look at it, the more I like that Lightning cockpit on there, it works SO well.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

CammNut

Thanks for the kind words, folks. It's fun when something comes together looking like it just should have existed

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Zero-Sen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 22, 2021, 03:47:26 AM
The more I look at it, the more I like that Lightning cockpit on there, it works SO well.  :thumbsup:
hum... I think I saw this nose somewhere else :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Rick Lowe

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

SPINNERS

Captain Canada

Now that's a sexy looking beast ! Nice one.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?