Civilian Street Cars

Started by ysi_maniac, April 01, 2021, 07:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

This rather special Rolls was on sale at a local (rather special) car dealer - and it still is!  ;)

https://home.mobile.de/MICHAEL-FROEHLICH#des_51923131

248.000 € and it's yours. Will certainly turn some heads in the neighborhood!  :mellow:

zenrat

I'm surprised Rolls Royce haven't bought it and crushed it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 10, 2023, 03:52:03 AMJeez that's horrible.

See I told the UK lads you had a bit of class  :angel:  ;)

I'm surprised RR haven't sued them
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

RR, when they were at Crewe, were not above building 'specials' of their own. They had a separate line on the west side of the factory that did them, called the 'John Young' line, and some of the things going down there looked AWFUL. :(

But I guess if you paid them money...................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

Oh yeah, if you want something REALLY wild Sbarro's your man!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Cool.  A RW 1:1 car whiffer.

Isn't Sbarro a chain of pizza restaurants in the US (or at least in New York)?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

jcf

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 10, 2023, 06:58:30 AMRR, when they were at Crewe, were not above building 'specials' of their own. They had a separate line on the west side of the factory that did them, called the 'John Young' line, and some of the things going down there looked AWFUL. :(

But I guess if you paid them money...................

For enough money, it seems even Rolls will compromise... the way of the world. Sigh.

Dizzyfugu

Nah, it's an aftermarket conversion. And if you know that it was intended to be a mobile falcon hunting base for the desert, many details (wide tires, no serious roof, foldable windscreen) even make sense;D

Sbarro was a very reckless car designer/converter/manufacturer, though.

ysi_maniac

Rick Lowe

Y'know, I can see that as a WW2 staff car... not sure which nation, though.

jcf

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 22, 2023, 10:25:22 PMY'know, I can see that as a WW2 staff car... not sure which nation, though.
Germany for Goering, the second rear axle being added to carry the weight, which is the only reason you'd add a second dead axle to a front wheel drive car.
;D