Civilian Street Cars

Started by ysi_maniac, April 01, 2021, 07:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: jcf on May 23, 2023, 10:15:13 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 22, 2023, 10:25:22 PMY'know, I can see that as a WW2 staff car... not sure which nation, though.
Germany for Goering, the second rear axle being added to carry the weight, which is the only reason you'd add a second dead axle to a front wheel drive car.
;D

;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

Well played!

ysi_maniac

You can choose where the engine/s is/are. ;D  :o

Will die without understanding this world.

Hobbes

The 2CV Sahara had 2 engines, one in the usual place and one in the back, driving the rear wheels. A few hundred were built.

NARSES2

What were the benefits of having two engines ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2023, 12:15:38 AMWhat were the benefits of having two engines ?
Four wheel drive, or you could run it on either engine. That gives some redundancy too.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2023, 12:15:38 AMWhat were the benefits of having two engines ?

Power output doubles, from inadequate to barely adequate.
 :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

When I was working as a security guard at the BBC  West Acton they had a modified 2CV,the engine had been replaced with batteries and they used as a runabout. It was the Outside Outside Broadcasting Unit.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2023, 04:28:38 AM

Power output doubles, from inadequate to barely adequate.
 :mellow:

Ah, right  ;D

ysi_maniac

IIRC Citroën Sahara was a military project.
Will die without understanding this world.

PR19_Kit

Any car can be improved by fitting ANOTHER engine!

That's in addition to the one already there..........

You cannot view this attachment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Reminds me of a nuts Opel Corsa Mk. I dragster I have seen in a German TV documentary many moons ago, which had two tuned turbocharged Opel Calibra engines - one in the front, the other replacing the rear seats, and each driving an axle separately. Total output of almost 1.000 hp How the hardware was mounted into the tiny car is still a mystery to me, and to make matters worse it had IIRC a UK registration and was even street legal!

Hobbes

They wanted a car that could be used in the desert, so they needed 4WD. The standard 2CV engine is rather underpowered, and drive train losses for a conventional 4WD system would have made it unusable. The alternative would have been to fit a larger engine, re-engineer the bodyshell to accept the driveshaft down the middle, etc. Fitting a second 2CV engine was simpler.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 09, 2023, 07:31:09 AMReminds me of a nuts Opel Corsa Mk. I dragster I have seen in a German TV documentary many moons ago, which had two tuned turbocharged Opel Calibra engines - one in the front, the other replacing the rear seats, and each driving an axle separately. Total output of almost 1.000 hp How the hardware was mounted into the tiny car is still a mystery to me, and to make matters worse it had IIRC a UK registration and was even street legal!

Looks perfectly reasonable to me.   ;D

Specially as it's a Vauxhall............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Hobbes on June 07, 2023, 11:34:05 PMThe 2CV Sahara had 2 engines, one in the usual place and one in the back, driving the rear wheels. A few hundred were built.

Is this really a CLOCKWORK 2CV?  It seems to have a hole for the winding key  in the (LHD)  drivers door.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet