Lotus 72 pre-cigarette advertising

Started by PR19_Kit, April 03, 2021, 09:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

That's looking great, esp. for a functional slot car!  :thumbsup:

Mossie

Can't remember seeing a slot car in here before, this'll be good.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I've posted pics of my David Piper Ferrari P4 on here before, but that's an RW model. I've been building it for nearly two years now.....:(

The thread's here :-

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=46647.msg848423#msg848423
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Now we're getting somewhere. The proper colour green paint arrived today, Tamiya TS-43 Racing Green, so now the 72 is the correct green.

I haven't sprayed the cockpit surround and windscreen yet as there's a couple of hefty sink marks either side of the rear of the moulding, quite common with thick clear plastic mouldings I find, and I'm doing a couple of PSR sessions on that before painting it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

A very nice color!  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some yellow trim.  ;D

And no spoiler extensions yet?  :o

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 09, 2021, 11:26:49 AM

And no spoiler extensions yet?  :o

The only aero bits on the 72 are the ones you see now. MUCH tidier than today's over-complex machines.

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 07, 2021, 09:16:16 AM
I've posted pics of my David Piper Ferrari P4 on here before, but that's an RW model. I've been building it for nearly two years now.....:(

The thread's here :-

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=46647.msg848423#msg848423

I think it counts, at least as a real-world whiff! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I may have missed a couple of 'accessories' for this build.....................  ;)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 10, 2021, 06:40:13 AM
I may have missed a couple of 'accessories' for this build.....................  ;)

Yep! Anyway to rectify this oversight? :unsure: :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 11, 2021, 03:32:44 AM

I don't have any 'accessories' of the correct scale sadly. :(

I do have a rather good white metal one in 1/24 though, but she's destined to pose alongside my Monogram ZZ Top's 'Eliminator' when it's built, namely, HER!

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Opening for someone with a 3D Laser Printer perhaps  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2021, 06:08:37 AM

Opening for someone with a 3D Laser Printer perhaps  ;)

Definitely!  ;D

There are a number of 'pit girl' models around in 1/32 scale, but they're all very Oriental looking, mainly because they're made by Japanese companies I guess. The more curvy girls appreciated by the Western world don't seem to be too apparent.... :(

The 72's green painting's complete as I've done the windscreen bit now, and I'm working on the decals for the yellow stripes and other bits and pieces.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

It goes now too.  ;D

I wired  up the chassis and did a few laps of my test circuit, and now it's running in on a low voltage.

Regards
Kit

Nick

Dare I suggest Masterbox figures? I'm sure a man of your skills would know what to do  :wacko:
http://mbltd.info/figures/1-24-scale.html