2021/2022 GB Season : Call for moderators

Started by NARSES2, April 28, 2021, 06:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right gentlemen the dates for the 2021/2022 GB Season are as follows :-

One Week GB - Saturday 12th June through to Sunday 20th June. Now I already have a moderator for this one. Thankyou very much Dave (Kitbasher)  :thumbsup:

I need volunteers to moderate the remaining three GB's of the season as detailed below. Ideally I'd like to aim for two moderators per GB.

What will you be taking on if you volunteer ? Initially the workload involves sorting the rules for the GB out and once that is done, and it's normally straightforward, apart from some clarification on whether a build is eligible or not the GB's tend to run themselves until it's time to set the poll up at the end of the GB. I will handle the setting up of boards etc and will always be available to lend a hand when required although as far as possible I like to let the moderators get on with it. Being a moderator does not stop you taking part in the GB.

So any volunteers for the following GB's ?

Recce and Surveillance GB. 22 votes. 1st July through to 30th September

Gunships GB. 21 votes. 1st November through to 31st January 2022

Under the Black Flag, Pirates, Buccaneers and Smugglers. 20 votes. 1st March 2022 through to 31st May 2022

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2021, 06:10:17 AM
Under the Black Flag, Pirates, Buccaneers and Smugglers. 20 votes. 1st March 2022 through to 31st May 2022

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I'll take this.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TomZ

I would like to volunteer for either the Recce or Gunship GB.
I don't have any connection with pirates so I'd rather not do that one.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Thankyou Scoot. Duly noted  :thumbsup:

Tom, is the Recce GB ok for you ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

crudebuteffective

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

kitbasher

Quote from: TomZ on April 28, 2021, 10:37:54 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2021, 06:31:29 AM
Tom, is the Recce GB ok for you ?

Recce is fine with me.

TomZ

Chris - happy to support Tom if he wants a deputy.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

jcf

Quote from: scooter on April 28, 2021, 06:13:59 AM

Aaarhh, permission to come abourd Sar? If ye'll be needin' a second cutlass and a brace o' pistols to control
the scurvy dogs, I'm at yer command.
:wacko:

scooter

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on April 28, 2021, 03:02:49 PM
Quote from: scooter on April 28, 2021, 06:13:59 AM

Aaarhh, permission to come abourd Sar? If ye'll be needin' a second cutlass and a brace o' pistols to control
the scurvy dogs, I'm at yer command.
:wacko:
I'll take all the help I can get.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Thankyou gentlemen, that's give me volunteers for all the GB's  :thumbsup:

One Week GB :- Kitbasher

Recce and Surveillance GB. 22 votes. 1st July through to 30th September. Tom Z & Kitbasher

Gunships GB. 21 votes. 1st November through to 31st January 2022. Aeroplane Driver and Crudebuteffective

Under the Black Flag, Pirates, Buccaneers and Smugglers. 20 votes. 1st March 2022 through to 31st May 2022. Scooter and joncarrfarrelly.

I'll get the preliminary details for each GB sorted out in the next couple of week and and post them so that if you need to check on dates etc you can check them.

zenrat

...and I was going to put my hand up for the Pirates GB.

Honest I was.

Now to planning.  When I think surveillance first thing that pops into my head is Regan and Carter peeing in a bottle in the back of an unmarked Transit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2021, 05:12:41 AM

Honest I was.

Now to planning.  When I think surveillance first thing that pops into my head is Regan and Carter peeing in a bottle in the back of an unmarked Transit.

I believe you  :angel: As for Regan and Carter ? I think you'll find that chemical weapons like that are banned nowadays,

jcf

Honest I was.

Aarrr, there always be room fer a cabin boy, matey.  :wacko:

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 11, 2021, 11:38:33 PM

Honest I was.

Aarrr, there always be room fer a cabin boy, matey.  :wacko:

There is nothing anywhere that says we only have two Moderators for each GB. The more the merrier  ;)

It's just that more than 2 might make communications/co-ordination a tad tricky ?