Time to bite the bullet....

Started by PR19_Kit, May 08, 2021, 09:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Wet sanding cuts down the dust volume to zero. Sawing off the pour blocks can be done wet as well.

chrisonord

I found  using my trumpeter  scribing  tool to cut blocks off the resin parts cuts dust  right down too, it takes a bit longer,  but its cleaner.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Pellson

The very, very limited amount of resin jobs I've been doing has also been done wet. Just as a precaution. Maybe it's just daft. In particular as I already have cancer, but still..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on May 09, 2021, 02:20:57 PM
The very, very limited amount of resin jobs I've been doing has also been done wet. Just as a precaution. Maybe it's just daft. In particular as I already have cancer, but still..  :rolleyes:

Not daft, but sensible.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I promise I'll get this thread back to building the Bev before much longer...............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Why? :unsure: Thread drift is so entertaining! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Nick

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 10, 2021, 09:24:54 AM
Why? :unsure: Thread drift is so entertaining! ;D

It's certainly faster than a Beverley could fly!  ;D

The Rat

I'll deffo be following this one. I saw one at an airshow when I were a wee sprite (North Weald?) and it just seemed so BIG! Of course, If I ever get my grubby mitts on a kit it will have a planing hull put on it.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rheged

Family Rheged all went up to the Beverley cockpit when the aircraft was at the Museum of Army Transport at Beverley. That was 20something years ago.  We were all vastly impressed by the huge cavern of a hold!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on May 10, 2021, 11:43:00 AM

Of course, If I ever get my grubby mitts on a kit it will have a planing hull put on it.  ;D

IIRC Blackburn had plans to do just that at one stage.

And yes, it was BIG in that hold, a 10 ft square section as I recall. It was even more impressive flying in one WITHOUT the rear doors fitted! Just a great big lump of nothingness behind you...............  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

That is a great scheme Kit, can't wait to see some paint on it. Even in 1/144 the Beverley is quite big. The Combat Kits 1/72 kit is on sale now (there are pics on ebay), but at £170 it is not for the faint hearted...

Colin

kerick

Some of these transport aircraft and airliners are so big they would make a nice house. Maybe a C-130 E or H fuselage would be available with all the Js out there now. Keep the wings on for a nice covered patio. It's been done before but I think the hardest part would be hauling one out to where I live. Not sure how a Beverly would compare to a C-130. I'm sure all the C-141s are gone.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

Another whiffer I could see would be a car ferry from Southend to France, like the Carvairs and Bristol Freighters.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on May 11, 2021, 07:54:48 PM

Another whiffer I could see would be a car ferry from Southend to France, like the Carvairs and Bristol Freighters.

That was one of Blackburn's intentions, and the hold of a Bev had brackets half way up the sides to carry a 'mezzanine floor' for another layer of cars. I don't know if they ever built one like that though.

One of the other guys on here posted this Eagle comic cutaway of a Bev configured in that role.;

Regards
Kit

Mossie

They ground tested it and it worked, there's a paragraph or two in Spitfire to Eurofighter.  They used a car lift to hoist the cars to the mezzanine which were suspended by adjustable dollies that slid on rails.  Employees cars were used and they weren't all too keen to voulnteer!

I have a few concerns about the system.  In drawings, the tolerances are tight and this may not have allowed for increase in car sizes.  Also, the Beverley had a tendency to ground loop (although usually on unprepared surfaces) due to it's high CofG and stacking cars wouldn't have helped.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.