Tornado F Mk 5

Started by Pellson, May 10, 2021, 08:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

I just recovered my F5 project from the 'Wait area' and it STILL needs lots of PSR, but I may get back on it later this week.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on May 11, 2021, 01:08:06 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 11, 2021, 12:19:55 AM
Nice work, Pellson, but Clean ... FAR too Clean! :o

I know, I know. I'm not really good at weathering though. Need classes. Dizzy?  ;)

I'm useless at weathering as well, so I always say I've depicted the model just after it's been given a good cleaning for a forthcoming inspection by a high powered visitor.  ;)

That's come out really well sir  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: Scotaidh on May 11, 2021, 01:47:28 AM
Quote from: kerick on May 10, 2021, 08:46:58 PM
You guys are/have stolen my idea for an updated Tornado!
Not really, mine would be Canadian patrolling the great white north instead of F-18As. I was thinking of extending the fuselage even more than from the GR series for more fuel plus Hindenburg tanks.

The new engines are a great touch. The MiG 23 intakes are interesting on Dizzy's build are very interesting. Great work all around.

Hmmm - I just had an idea whilst reading your post, Kerick.  Maybe you could incorporate Arrow parts into it?  :)

I had not thought of that. I'm not sure how that would work but I'll give it some thought. I have an old Arrow vacuform in the drawer so this gives me a reason to dig it out.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

The Arrow is quite a big bird compared to the Tonka, it's a LOT further off the ground especially.

The Canadians had a thing about building their aircraft tall, the CF-100 was waaaaaay up there too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kerick

It's so you can walk under it without getting your hat knocked off! Very important when it's super cold outside!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Yeah, I did just that under a Clunk, albeit a long time ago and my hat those days was a beret.

I was AMAZED how big the thing was, being used to Hunters and Swifts as fighters at that time.

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

I was mostly thinking about the intakes ... and, Canada has large aircraft because they've got a lot of real-estate to cover ...
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

AeroplaneDriver

My take on the F.5.  I made mine an FG.5 and did away with all that flappy wing nonsense.  Cant believe this one was about 15 years ago.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 11, 2021, 08:48:52 PM
My take on the F.5.  I made mine an FG.5 and did away with all that flappy wing nonsense.  Cant believe this one was about 15 years ago.

Still looks great! For a moment I thought that was an F-18 wing.

I guess I could say I've started on mine since I UV cast the other half of the Hindenburg tanks a friend gave me. PSR to do but better than buying a kit just for two parts. I also need to cut four more fins to take the place of the ones missing. I should order decals too unless someone has Canadian F-18 decals they don't want. No rush as I really need to finish the amphibious A-10.
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

It actually is an F-18 wing.  Donor kits were Hasegawa 1/72 Tornado F.3 and F-18B.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

That fixed-wing arrangement would certainly work well for a navalized Tonka, too? Well done.  :thumbsup:

Pellson

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 11, 2021, 08:48:52 PM

Yup. Remember that one too. I think there is a similar one in old style FAA markings out there as well.
The F-18 wing actually seems more natural that the swingythingy, but not as fast. One can't help but think that's how they should have done the mud mover..

Hasn't this turned into a beautiful gallery of different Tonka evolvings? I think it's great!!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

Very good, i love the look of that beast. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Did you cut that hump on the spine from the F-18 also? Looks good. Giving me ideas.
Tophe the Wise