The Águia-Pescadora Brazilian Navy Fighter/Attack aircraft of the 1990's

Started by Gondor, May 12, 2021, 02:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

This is a bit strange for me  :unsure:  PAINT!! and I only just started this build as well!

OK, I know it's not the best photograph ever but you get the idea. Humbrol 166 inside the cockpit area and a fair amount of weight inside the nose too. At this rate I will have to change the catch line on my profile unless I blame global warming  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Curious about the spine result. In this area the kits do not match well, I had to invest a lot of PSR during my build/bashing.

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 19, 2021, 02:09:12 AM
Curious about the spine result. In this area the kits do not match well, I had to invest a lot of PSR during my build/bashing.

After several trial fits I expect there to be PSR, how much and where exactly I don't know yet but as the cockpit has been moved forward a bit I intend to add some plastic card to the inside of the Matchbox nose near where it meets the Italeri fuselage so I can grind/file away plastic and not have to resort to excessive amounts of filler.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

My late friend Rob was a senior engineer at BAe Brough where most of the Hawk/T-45 work was done, and he was an excellent modeller too. He often said he wondered how much PSR they did on the real thing as they changed the prototypes so very often!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Thinking of further modifying the aircraft by introducing some fixed armament.

Yes I know I cut off the gun tray from the Hawk 200 kit but the contour and undercarriage bay to my mind at least demanded the use of the Goshawk lower forward fuselage area being used.

The way I have matched up the two fuselages has meant that the cockpit area is higher and further forward than usual which means added space.... so what to do with it......... lets add an M61 shall we  :wacko:

Gondor

Gondor

So I have found two copies of the F-104 Gun port from some Hasegawa kits which don't exactly give me the look I was after, but they will do. I did think I had some F-14 spare gun ports etc as I am sure that one of the kits I have had options for that area so I was going to use them as they looked more interesting.
The gun port will go to the pilots left as the air-to-air refueling probe goes to his right.

Gondor

Gondor

Didn't think I was going to make any update today but....

The cockpit is in and the wings put together, glue needs to dry then the leading edges and wing tips can be modified. Also waiting for glue to dry is the T-45 fuselage which has tabs to help keep the Hawk 200 fuselage aligned as well as to help reduce the amount of filler that will inevitably disappear into the gap between the two dissimilar parts.

You can see how far the parts are above. They did fit reasonably well when I test fitted them, hence the tabs.

I suppose I should start thinking about the load out. Sidewinders on the wingtip launch rails, fuel tanks on the inboard pylons and an anti-shipping missile on the centre line pylon with some ECM/Chaff devices on the outboard under wing pylons as well perhaps?

Gondor

Gondor

OK, second update for the day  :unsure:

The large parts of the fuselage are together  :party:

The pictures may not be the best but will give you an idea of what it will look like

This is the side that will get the M61 installed. It's not helped much by the gaps between the fuselage sections on this side, In a way that's a help as it will enable the gun housing to help cover the messy joint.

Improvised backdrop but a slightly out of focus picture  :banghead: Oh well, can't win them all.

I see a lot of PSR in my future  :rolleyes:

Gondor

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Hopefully this picture is better than the previous ones

The Goshawk has teeth  :-\ or should that be talons  :unsure:

Loads more to do with this instillation but it does a couple of things, one of which is to partially fill a rather large hole  ;D

Gondor

kerick

That will require some sort of shark teeth around that gun muzzle you know!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on May 24, 2021, 11:21:20 AM
Hopefully this picture is better than the previous ones

The Goshawk has teeth  :-\ or should that be talons  :unsure:

Loads more to do with this instillation but it does a couple of things, one of which is to partially fill a rather large hole  ;D

Gondor

Hang on a sec, Alastair.. Weren't you just complaining about how choked you would be for the foreseeable future from family related tasks and demands? If so - who's doing this modelling stuff?  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: kerick on May 24, 2021, 03:25:51 PM

That will require some sort of shark teeth around that gun muzzle you know!

That's an idea, as the camouflage is grey over grey it might not be possible but I do like the idea  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 24, 2021, 11:59:35 PM

Very nice.  :lol:

Thank you very much Dizzy

Quote from: Pellson on May 25, 2021, 12:04:22 AM

Hang on a sec, Alastair.. Weren't you just complaining about how choked you would be for the foreseeable future from family related tasks and demands? If so - who's doing this modelling stuff?  ;)

The decorating may be confined to weekends as I am worn out 90% of time when I get home, 5:30am alarm and back home for 5pm makes a fairly long day and feeling my age a bit as well means not going to be running up and down ladders much either.

Gondor