The Águia-Pescadora Brazilian Navy Fighter/Attack aircraft of the 1990's

Started by Gondor, May 12, 2021, 02:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on May 25, 2021, 01:38:24 AM
Quote from: Pellson on May 25, 2021, 12:04:22 AM

Hang on a sec, Alastair.. Weren't you just complaining about how choked you would be for the foreseeable future from family related tasks and demands? If so - who's doing this modelling stuff?  ;)

The decorating may be confined to weekends as I am worn out 90% of time when I get home, 5:30am alarm and back home for 5pm makes a fairly long day and feeling my age a bit as well means not going to be running up and down ladders much either.

Gondor

I'm so with you there! I currently feel twenty years older that my driver's license says, but I still don't see where you would fit in modelling, being worn out in the weekdays and fully choked with renovations in the weekends..  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on May 25, 2021, 01:38:24 AM
Quote from: kerick on May 24, 2021, 03:25:51 PM

That will require some sort of shark teeth around that gun muzzle you know!

That's an idea, as the camouflage is grey over grey it might not be possible but I do like the idea  :thumbsup:

Some US Army AH-64s carry low-viz sharkmouths, and the late Academy 1:72 kit comes with two of them...

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on May 25, 2021, 01:46:54 AM

I'm so with you there! I currently feel twenty years older that my driver's license says, but I still don't see where you would fit in modelling, being worn out in the weekdays and fully choked with renovations in the weekends..  ;D

Living by myself I have to do the laundry and cooking as well as make tea and I also have to sleep at times. It's when I am at the computer in the evenings that I get modelling done. The second bedroom is both my office and modelling room so I can move back and forth between being on the PC and at the modelling bench.

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 25, 2021, 03:11:05 AM

Some US Army AH-64s carry low-viz sharkmouths, and the late Academy 1:72 kit comes with two of them...

That sounds good. Could tempt me to get one as I like the look of the British Army version which is in my stash so addint a US army one would work and leave a few others for whiffing.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

I'm rather impressed. I won't get anything done until we'll stressed down and without anything else coming up.

Re low-vis shark mouths - aren't their some A-10s as well sporting those?

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on May 25, 2021, 06:13:04 AM
I'm rather impressed. I won't get anything done until we'll stressed down and without anything else coming up.

Re low-vis shark mouths - aren't their some A-10s as well sporting those?

There may well be, looked around though and found this which not only gives a shark's mouth but other usefull decals as well.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

A bit of an update as I have finished the work on the M61 housing for not, I just need to smooth everything in with filler but that's not going to happen until I get the other gaps reduced in size and I am sure it has enough nose weight which adding filler could double  ;D

And here is a comparison with an F-14 forward fuselage which I used for rough alignment, I think it's come out ok so far.

The air intake is just there for show at the moment, that is, to show that nothing is getting in its way in an obvious manner.

Gondor

buzzbomb

I am liking this a lot, subtle shape changes work so well

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on May 25, 2021, 09:23:35 AM
A bit of an update as I have finished the work on the M61 housing for not, I just need to smooth everything in with filler but that's not going to happen until I get the other gaps reduced in size and I am sure it has enough nose weight which adding filler could double  ;D

And here is a comparison with an F-14 forward fuselage which I used for rough alignment, I think it's come out ok so far.

The air intake is just there for show at the moment, that is, to show that nothing is getting in its way in an obvious manner.

Gondor

Pretty amazing work there, Alastair, taking care not only to install the barrels but also catering for the ammo drum. It'll be very, very interesting to see this done, in particular as we have the opportunity to look at Thomas's variant of a very similar bash. 

I had an absolute ball when all the different hotted up Tornado interceptors turned up in my Tornado F.5 thread - this promise to be equally entertaining.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on May 26, 2021, 12:14:36 AM

Pretty amazing work there, Alastair, taking care not only to install the barrels but also catering for the ammo drum. It'll be very, very interesting to see this done, in particular as we have the opportunity to look at Thomas's variant of a very similar bash. 

I had an absolute ball when all the different hotted up Tornado interceptors turned up in my Tornado F.5 thread - this promise to be equally entertaining.  :thumbsup:

That bulge is not the ammunition drum, its supposed to be covering the gun drive motor at the breach end of the cannon. The ammunition drum is behind the pilot in the area made by moving the Hawk 200 fuselage further forward than it would normally be.

So the internals would look a bit like this but with the ammunition drum vertical and nearer the gun drive motor than in the above picture.

Gondor

Pellson

Yeah, yeah..  Just sod that I gave you a compliment..  ;D ;)

Really interesting pic though  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on May 26, 2021, 04:01:30 AM

Sorry mate, I just get a little pernickety at times   :-\

Gondor

Old Wombat

Coming together really well! Gun fairings are very nicely done. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on May 26, 2021, 06:47:06 AM
Quote from: Pellson on May 26, 2021, 04:01:30 AM

Sorry mate, I just get a little pernickety at times   :-\

Gondor

Don't worry. This is all under the "friendly banter" label, so no offences taken, by far.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Decided to get the filler out to try and fill the odd gap between the two different fuselages

I should really start on modifying the wings, each tip needs to be shortened by roughly One Foot and the leading edge needs extending and changed to a straighter leading edge as well.

Another thing that has popped up is the shape of the nose or radome to be more accurate.

Not sure if I will do anything about it as the kit's nose is stuffed full of weight which makes replacing the radome problematic. On second thoughts the nose of the Matchbox Hawk 200 looks rather like the nose of the A-4K upgrade so perhaps I could say the radar in this aircraft is of the same family  <_< will have to look into that.

Gondor