The Águia-Pescadora Brazilian Navy Fighter/Attack aircraft of the 1990's

Started by Gondor, May 12, 2021, 02:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Drat, just checked and found out that both the A-4K and the Hawk200 use the same APG-66 radar although the sub variant is different. I suppose I could create a new variant for the F/A-45

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Not much been done to this for the last couple of days but I have now started sanding back the filler. Trust me to fit a gun with lumps and bumps around it  :rolleyes:  almost as if I try to make things difficult for myself as my usual large file is way too big to get around those ever so nice looking lumps and bumps so I am going to go to my next size files for the trickier areas.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Small update for the moment. Managed to get some PSR done, mostly S from that trio. Decided to take off the heat exchanger intakes and exhausts, well that's what I think they are up behind the cockpit, as I will have to move mine forward from where they are on the T-45 to cover the fuselage extension on the F/A-45.

The build needs more fillerso I shall apply more later on and then maybe tomorrow evening I can tackle that, or maybe the wing and tailplanes which I am sure need to be longer than provided in the kit.

Gondor

Gondor

Further sanding down carried out. There will be a further round of PSR and in fact I havedrawn lines around the small areas that need more filler, mainly due to not enough filler in the last session  :banghead:

Hope to have the fuselage primed over the weekend as I don't think I will be helping with painting and decorating as my knees are rather painful still from last weekend's painting of the fiance's mother new place.

Gondor

Gondor

Some progress today.

There is primer on the model!

Don't get all excited though, I made a mess of spraying the rattle can onto the model and it's white when I prefer Grey but when I bought it that's all they had.

You can tell that the basis is there, it just needs a lot of work to be done, most of which is removing the primer that I made a mess of  :banghead:

The load out and radar have been sorted and some air-to-air missiles have been ordered for the BVR role with the rest of the armament from the stash.

Gondor

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Here is what it looks like in Grey  :wub:

I am no sure how you guys think about the results now, all I have done is spray Halfords Grey Plastic Primer over it, which I prefer to the white. I think it shows up the defects better and helps cover the pen marks which I was using as a guide to help filling holes which I have a fair few to fill.

Gondor

Old Wombat

Yup! A few more dabs of P, followed by a touch more S &, perhaps, a smidgeon of R, & she should be right! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Found out this weekend that Air-Graphic Models are bringing out a conversion set for the T-45C which includeds a new cockpit, rear fuselage with the air brake recesses and of course seperate air brakes so they can be posed open. The conversion set also includeds a new correct wing, with seperate flaps. Definatly going to get at least one of these to use with a T-45 kit and use it as a basis for improveing this builds wing. It also brings up the posibility of an interesting hybred aircraft with a normal Hawk fuselage but with the widened undercarage of the T-45 from cross kitting the wings.

Gondor

Gondor

Moar Putty!!!!! (Wonder if I can get Scott Manly to say that.... :rolleyes: ) mainly along the lower curved edges of the nose. I have ordered one of Air-Graphics T-45C conversion sets to use with the Woolfpack T-45C  I have but I will also use it as a guide for the wing with this build. I do have a third T-45 kit which I am thinking could end up as Australian..

Gondor

Gondor

While looking at various bit's and pieces to work on I thought I would use the drawings I have to check the angle and length of the tailplanes. The person who made the drawings I am using was very helpful for those building the fuselage by removing them from the side elevation drawings  :banghead: so no go trying to work out angles and length as using just the plan view would end up short  :banghead:

Anyhoo, a quick google turned up an article from 2010 when someone was wanting to convert the Airfix 1/48 Hawk Mk.120 to a T-45 which resulted in a lot of useful information.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60200-t-45-goshawk-from-hawk-mk-120/

Thought I would post it here for general information for those following this thread.

Gondor