Dutch National Police Urban Anti-Riot Vehicle

Started by TomZ, May 16, 2021, 10:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Dutch National Police Urban Anti-Riot Vehicle

When in 2020 the Covid measures of the Dutch government caused big demonstrations and even unrest and vandalism, the Dutch national police saw the need to create an anti-riot force which was better equipped to deal with larger numbers of hooligans. A project was started to find the equipment needed. This focused on three areas: the personal equipment of the individual force member, an urban vehicle to control larger crowds and an armed helicopter. Important considerations for all three were the available budget and the need for a speedy delivery and deployment.

The choice for the vehicle fell on the Toyota Land Cruiser, armed with a double-barrelled canon which could fire both conventional ammunitions as non-lethal rubber bullets and tear gas shells. The Dutch army had captured a number of these vehicles in Afghanistan during their deployment there. These were modified and issued to the police in 2021.

Model: Meng 1/35

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Pellson

Well, it's not as stupid as it looks. A weapons manufacturer I know developed and launched a remotely controlled weapon station able to mount up to a 20 mm automatic cannon. It was actually put in the business area "crowd control", which I found quite hilarious.  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

My word, those are some big hills in the Netherlands  ;)

I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of that thing! It could seriously wreck your day.  :o

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

You open fire with that on a crowd and I think they would stay controlled.

Very good.  PDRV Secret State Police (the dreaded Sestapo) are interested in this one.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on May 17, 2021, 04:26:52 AM
You open fire with that on a crown[/b] and I think they would stay controlled.

Very good.  PDRV Secret State Police (the dreaded Sestapo) are interested in this one.

I know that you are an hardcore republican, but this seems a bit excessive.... :rolleyes: ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on May 17, 2021, 04:47:31 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 17, 2021, 04:26:52 AM
You open fire with that on a crown[/b] and I think they would stay controlled.

I know that you are an hardcore republican, but this seems a bit excessive.... :rolleyes: ;D

Amended.  But it would be a very definite way to bring about the end of a royal line.  Albeit messy.

Crown Control Vehicles.  Now there's an interesting thought.  Thank you autocorrect.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Nice one TomZ!  :thumbsup:

You can get rubber ball and CS gas rounds for 40mm HV grenade launchers, and you see those things on remote weapon stations all the time...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones