Post WWII Airliners that would be built ...

Started by ysi_maniac, May 22, 2021, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Me too, a surgery that I have been thinking about for some time.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 02, 2021, 06:20:26 AM

I like the twin  :thumbsup:

Douglas actually proposed the DC10 Twin to the airlines, but no-one was interested.

The Airbus A-300 was selling well at the same time though, which was odd.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Super Scandia, equipped with 4 radials derived from RW's Saab Scandia. It is also equipped with a conformal fuel tank under the belly to reach intercontinental range.

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Some years ago I saw this beautiful Tupolev design labeled as Tu-101

When I searched more deeply, I saw these two drawings

In Secret Projects https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/tupolev-post-1945-civil-and-military-transport-projects.15787/post-168853  :o :unsure: :banghead:

As nothing seems too clear , I decided to produce a turboprop powered and reduced version of Tu-134  :thumbsup:

Any other info or help with this project?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Àpropos Il-86

1. RW Il-86

2. Do you know that in the beginig of project, Il-86 was to have Il-62 config (with 4 engines in the rear fuselage)?

3. What if a turboprop powered widebody?

4. Superpowered Il-86

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PALG

Quote from: 63cpe on May 26, 2021, 11:25:01 AM
Posted some pictures off this project some time ago. As it fits the topic i thought it might be fun to share this with you again.

IMG_20190202_202109529 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20190202_202129824 by Buddy Hollyc, on Flickr

It'll be finished in classic Braniff colors soon.

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

Very nice. And I've got this decade-long unfinished epic, which i first posted about here: www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=40390.0

I would post some updated progress images - but i cant work out how to attach images; its years since i've done it here. If anyone could be bothered with Photobucket anymore, and this link even works, i dropped some into my album there:

https://app.photobucket.com/u/PALG/a/60ea3b3c-80a7-499a-a1c8-c24b845963f3

63cpe

as mentioned earlier it was soon to be finished. Now it finally is finished:

IMG_20210705_204235703 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20210705_204459157 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20210705_204140908 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Hope you like it.

David aka 63cpe

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

That looks lovely, like a tin toy!  :wub: I am just not certain about the tail wheel arrangement? Looks odd.

PR19_Kit

Burnt runway syndrome......  ;D

Tailwheel jets are a rare breed, the Attacker being the most common I think. Was there ever a tailwheel jet airliner actually in service?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

The Yak-15 was another one I am aware of, but I would not call it "in service" either.

PR19_Kit

Were the Yak-15/17s just for trials then?

They obviously didn't like burnt runways as the following Yak-23 was a nosewheel type.  ;D

Were there ever any American tailwheel jets?

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PALG on July 05, 2021, 07:21:58 AM

I would post some updated progress images - but i cant work out how to attach images; its years since i've done it here. If anyone could be bothered with Photobucket anymore, and this link even works, i dropped some into my album there:

https://app.photobucket.com/u/PALG/a/60ea3b3c-80a7-499a-a1c8-c24b845963f3

Very nice  :thumbsup:

I use Photobucket and once you get the hang of it then it's quite easy to post images - he says  :angel:

If you click on the image, or images, they will get a blue border, then click on the share icon at the top of the screen, the second from the left this then presents you with lots of options. Pick embed, then choose your format "image", then pick your size, I use medium. Then copy the link or links your are shown and paste them here.

That should be it.