IPMS Avon show 2021

Started by Nick, May 27, 2021, 10:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The SIG display is likely to be a 'Lockdown Build Special' I'd have thought.

For sure, my bits of it will be.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 07, 2021, 05:53:30 AM
The SIG display is likely to be a 'Lockdown Build Special' I'd have thought.

For sure, my bits of it will be.  ;D
Well that will make two of us. Althou a few "oldies" will be making the trip as well.
Unlike previous years where I stay localy over night on Saturday. this year Im day tripping it.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Martin H

And its done and dusted.
All in all a quiet show. Not to many punters to be seen but plenty of people from the various stands milling about and more importantly for the traders. Spending money.

I took just over 60 pics of stuff on our stand. the photos can be seen HERE
Unfortunately,

JayBee

Hi Martin,

I am not seeing any images on that link.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

Quote from: JayBee on August 08, 2021, 01:20:31 PM
Hi Martin,

I am not seeing any images on that link.

Jim

Ditto

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

hm, No idea why thats happening.

Ive logged out of my imageshack account and tried the link myself on another PC, it worked fine for me.

Ive rechecked the album settings and its set to public access so that should not be the cause.
I have also re checked the link in the orginal post to make sure it goes to the right place.

So beats me as to what the issue is gents.
Unfortunately,

Weaver

I can see the pics just fine.

Nice display guys!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

As OGL says, it was a pretty good event, but way down on the usual scrum that we get there, with people fighting each other around the trade stands.  :o

The quality of the modelling was pretty good too, you could tell that everyone had been spending their lockdown time profitably by building more models!  ;D And that's not just our SIG, but all the other clubs etc.

Rather oddly I found it all very tiring, even without walking around the place time after time. I only made 2-3 tours of the club tables and the traders stands, but was still knackered every time I got back to our area. Perhaps it was the lack of show time over the last couple of years, but it tired me so much that when I got home, around  6 pm thanks to the Old Severn Bridge being closed  :banghead: I thought I'd have a 'snooze' before doing anything else......

And I've just woken up and it's 0345 in the morning!!!!!  :o :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

It was a great day yesterday and I most enjoyed the chances to catch up with folk I had not seen in months.
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Pics are working fine and dandy now, Martin. Dunno what the fettling did but it did the trick - certainly when looking at them on a smartphone.  EDIT: Also loud and clear on my lappy.

Top marks for the display, great builds.  One question - the 43 Sqn Phantom.  Is it a decoy (i.e. not a whif but put there to confuse the great unwashed) or is it an FGR.2 (so an extremely subtle whif)?

EDIT: Oh and the seemingly engineless Ar234 - what's the story behind that, please?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Working OK now. Nice display  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

Just seen them, as work is a significant distance away, different computer and different browser. The display looks good  :thumbsup:
I hope Glasgow goes ahead.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Well done on actually having a show to attend.  I'm jealous.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on August 08, 2021, 11:36:26 PM

Top marks for the display, great builds.  One question - the 43 Sqn Phantom.  Is it a decoy (i.e. not a whif but put there to confuse the great unwashed) or is it an FGR.2 (so an extremely subtle whif)?

EDIT: Oh and the seemingly engineless Ar234 - what's the story behind that, please?

As is common with OGL's model's, the 43 Sqdn Phantom is very subtle.  ;D I'm sure he'll explain soon.

The 'Glider' Ar-234 had me puzzled for a bit, but what you can't see in the pic is the twin barrelled rocket motor under the tail. It's one of Richard's brainstorms, and very nicely done too.

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 09, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

As is common with OGL's model's, the 43 Sqdn Phantom is very subtle.  ;D I'm sure he'll explain soon.

Ohh that one!
Yeap its a real world 43 squadon FG-1 if taken out of context.
Had CVA01 & 02 been built, 43 sqn was to be tasked as the RAF's carrier re enforcement squadron. So park the model up on a carrier deck base and you have a whiff on your hands. Park it up on a hardstanding base and you have a real world bird.............
Unfortunately,