Main Menu

B&V P.193

Started by NARSES2, June 08, 2021, 06:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Well here's what I'll be attempting to build during the One Week GB.

Not sure if she'll be Luftwaffe or Italian yet and I even toyed with the idea of a Soviet "bird" at one point.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Latest thinking is that this will become a Piaggio design. Makes the paint job easier
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Made a start. May have a problem ?  :-\

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Neither.

On my resin builds I like using 5 min two part epoxy for the major joins, especially if the are going to need some hefty p.s.r. and my supply must be getting a bit old, or it was the weather or I got the mix proportions wrong (which I'm sure I didn't), but whatever it didn't seem to want to dry, was almost a rubbery seal ?  Not good for the outer wing panels in particular. Anyway left it over night and thanking which ever deity you choose it hardened over night :thumbsup:

So today so far has seen the application of putty, therein lays another saga  :rolleyes:, and the tidying up and pre-assembly of the small parts which has led to the usual discovery of a couple of small parts which I have no idea what they are and the discarding of a couple of tiny parts which I know are beyond my hand/eye abilities. Still this is a Piaggio P.10?? not the B&V P.193  ;)

Fit on the major parts isn't quite as good as a lot of Planet models I've built, but then it is 1996 according to Scalemates. Nothing to drastic though and it sands easily.

Anyway here is progress as of Saturday night, taken from my phone whence the poor quality of it.

Gondor

I have found that when taking pictures with my phone it is better to be at least an arm's length away from the model and to then zoom in as the automatic focus will not work at closer distances. Saying that, I found this out by trial and error and am not guaranteeing that an arm's length will be right for your phone.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

I'll try that next time, thanks  :thumbsup:

zenrat

That pic looks more like camera shake than out of focus Chris.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 13, 2021, 06:10:39 AM

Might be, especially as I was rather tired when I took it and that can lead to a bit of a "wobble"

NARSES2

"PSR, PSR, PSR" to the tune of "'ere we go"  :-X

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 13, 2021, 11:58:41 PM

Might be, especially as I was rather tired when I took it and that can lead to a bit of a "wobble"

I have told you before take a bit more water in it!!!!!  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on June 14, 2021, 08:17:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 13, 2021, 11:58:41 PM

I have told you before take a bit more water in it!!!!!  :wacko:

It's your fault I never touched a single malt until you came along  ;) ;D

NARSES2

Had some issues with one of the outer wing panels, it was a fair bit thinner in aerofoil than the inner wing surface. Just about got there in the end and I have now primed for painting. Might get to the finish line ok, on the other hand I might not.

Onwards and upwards  ;)

NARSES2

Hopefully will get to the finish line in time  :thumbsup: