Main Menu

Gloster CXP-1001 - Done

Started by Caveman, June 12, 2021, 03:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

assembled and first round of psr on the fuse join complete.

The wing features an interesting wood grain effect - illustrating the limits of resolution (i think of my model rather than printer). A few quirks to, like the under extruded layers.

Rough finish on the tail, like I said, ive mot got it tuned fully yet.

secretprojects forum migrant

frank2056

It looks pretty good! If it's in 1/72 the CXP-1001 was much larger than I had expected!

The "wood grain" effects is due to the changing thickness of the wing - from root to wingtip - and your print layers.

Caveman

It is supposed to be 1/72. The CXP-1001 was supposed to be ~ 41ft long, a 262 is ~34ft. So it was big I think its reasonably to scale. Think of it essentially as a single engined Gloster Meteor F8. I may have to get one to sit along side it :)

Caveman

Managed to get her stripes on!

I am doing something like this with the decals that I have kicking around:

Got a few details still to paint like inlet, canopy and maybe leading edge yellow strips if I'm feeling brave.

NARSES2

I'm fascinated by seeing this modern tech in action  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Looks good! If you have any clear decal, you can paint it yellow and cut out the leading edge yellow strips.

Caveman

With the wings essentially in the middle of the fuselage, should the roundel go in front or behind the wings?

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Caveman on June 17, 2021, 11:14:00 AM
With the wings essentially in the middle of the fuselage, should the roundel go in front or behind the wings?

I always think the roundel looks better on the aft fuselage.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 17, 2021, 11:40:38 AM

As do I
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Caveman

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 17, 2021, 11:41:54 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 17, 2021, 11:40:38 AM

As do I

Me three. Behind they'll go

Caveman

Looking like a real aircraft now!

frank2056

It's really coming along!

Caveman

Im calling it done! Gloster CXP-1001 dressed up as a Gloster Meteor (ish). My trusty minion is currently printing a stand for it.

Pellson

Amazing! Obviously, there's improvements that could have been made, but as the first example I've seen on a from naught to model printed project, I'm dead impressed!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike