LM/KAI F/A-50 Golden Eagle - Portuguese Air Force

Started by DogfighterZen, June 12, 2021, 11:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 21, 2021, 10:55:38 PM

I just read that the T-50 is under consideration for a possible Irish Air Corps Air Defense aircraft...just in case you are not dead set on Portuguese...  ;)

About time they had something for that task even vaguely effective.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Martin H on June 21, 2021, 09:15:02 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 21, 2021, 06:39:01 PM
Chris, i'd like to ask if you can move this topic over to the current projects/aircraft page, please. Obviously, i couldn't finish it inside the deadline so i'll be trying to do it later. TIA
Done! 😎

Thanks, Martin. :thumbsup:

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 21, 2021, 10:55:38 PM
I just read that the T-50 is under consideration for a possible Irish Air Corps Air Defense aircraft...just in case you are not dead set on Portuguese...  ;)

Well, my main problem would be decals, a problem that I don't have for the PoAF. My decal stash is mostly limited to PoAF sheets with a few other countries mixed in. I can take a look through the stash using scalemates but I doubt there will be any Irish markings useful for this type of aircraft

Regarding the model, i got as far as painting the main color and the radome but nothing else. Maybe during the week I can get it going again. :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Max Decals do quite a range of IAC decals, in various scales, and they're of very good quality.

One of their 1/48 sheets is this one, I used it for my 1/144 KMD-11 (Still unfinished.... :banghead:) but it's a BIG aeroplane!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Hum... Just as i thought, i don't like the color combination of those markings. Nothing against the Irish but it's just a matter of colors.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Ok, the Golden Eagle is finished. I just wanted to do something simple and i believe i've accomplished that. I'll try to write up the backstory for it during this week but that will depend on a few different factors so, don't hold your breath.
What was supposed to be a one week build, dragged along to become a one and a half month build. It took longer because, on top of having very little time for modelling in the past couple of months, i couldn't make up my mind about the paint scheme and what colors to use... :banghead:

Anyway, it's finished and it time to move on.

As i said, i'll try to have the backstory ready in a few days.

:cheers:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Glad you like it, thanks, guys.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The camo was a hard choice but i think I made the right choice. The obvious choice for a PoAF Alpha Jet replacement would be the wraparound SEA camo but i wanted something different and while looking at pics for reference, i came across a few  images of FA-50s with a similar scheme. Also gave me the opportunity to do something different from what i normally do. It was a good test for the 1/48 kit.  ;D

:cheers:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Thanks, Chris!  :thumbsup:
Too bad i couldn't finish it within the GB schedule...this is the first model i've finished in 2021 and i have a feeling that if i manage 3 models before the end of the year, that will be a good turnout... :banghead:

NARSES2

At least it got finished and if you do only finish 3 it simply means you've been doing other things  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 21, 2021, 06:08:56 AM
At least it got finished and if you do only finish 3 it simply means you've been doing other things  :thumbsup:

Indeed, Chris. I can't say i'm the busiest i've ever been but this year has been a mix of being busy with "normal" life, lacking the mojo or just being plain lazy...  :banghead:
Anyway, i don't like to leave stuff unfinished so i pushed myself to finish this one and although it took longer than i expected, it still gave me the necessary mojo boost i was hoping it would. :mellow:
With that said, it's time to finish the Blue Thunder and maybe even start a build for the Recce GB. :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Turned out great!  :thumbsup: Really diggin' the camo scheme.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?