Main Menu

FW-190D-9 Hellenic Air Force

Started by TheChronicOne, June 20, 2021, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

The spinner came out great! My first thought was that you managed to get a spinner decal on - mine always fail. Even more impressive that you painted it!

The FW-190 came out great and it's definitely in unusual color sand markings.

TheChronicOne

Thanks, y'all! Very much appreciated for the support. It's been so difficult to do anything hobby related lately and it's good to finally get something completed. Definitely had fun.... I can feel the compulsion... the mojo... returning. I'm eager to get started on something else, now, instead of being bummed out that I don't have much time for hobbies. I guess sometimes you don't NEED a whole lot (of time).  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

ChernayaAkula

That turned out great!  :thumbsup: Really looks the part in Greek colours.

EDIT: What are the roundels on the Mustang from? They look pretty interesting, too.  :mellow:

Quote from: frank2056 on June 21, 2021, 11:18:09 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2021, 06:57:31 AM
That's come out well  :thumbsup: You sure it's not Argentinian though ? After all that's one of the places where Kurt went  ;)

Can you imagine the confusion if Argentina and Greece ever went to war?

;D Thanks, Frank! Now have vision of Argie LVTP-7s coming ashore on Crete in early 1982, disgorging infantry in Arctic gear, about as puzzled as the tourists in bikinis and shorts.  :laugh:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

TheChronicOne

Thanks, kindly! They are from the Ace Combat universe. Those markings are weird... they look kind of like they are upside down but maybe they thought the other way was too cliche or something and flipped them.

I love Ace Combat for the games but also for the huge assortment of very well done (official and fan-made alike) what-if renderings. I really dig the fictional nations aspect... we get all sorts of neat roundels and markings, etc. I really like that type of thing.  :mellow: :mellow:

Anyway, those markings came from one of the best sheets of decals I've ever had, that came from this kit:

The sheet is magnificent! It not only has the markings for the box plane but they give you 5-6 other complete sets that could go on regular run of the mill kits in order to duplicate other air craft from the games. Bang for the buck!!  Pretty cool. I haven't done any of them but I DID take the Ustio ones for my Mustang which isn't actually a part of the official Ace Combat lore/universe so it's sort of a double whif.  ;D :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Glenn Gilbertson

I like that Greek Fw.190 - it looks surprisingly different! :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Thanks, brotha!!! It turned out pretty neat and was a fun project. Not at all a bad kit for the era.
-Sprues McDuck-

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 21, 2021, 08:17:12 PM
Thanks, kindly! They are from the Ace Combat universe. Those markings are weird... they look kind of like they are upside down but maybe they thought the other way was too cliche or something and flipped them. <...>

Thanks for the heads-up!  :thumbsup: Yeah, they do kinda look upside down. Which is odd, given that they're fictional markings. Brain still says nah, those go on the other way round. Weird.  :mellow:

Loving the box art on the Draken.  :wub: The angle and the markings make it look even sleeker than it usually does.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 04, 2021, 07:25:47 PM

Yeah, they do kinda look upside down. Which is odd, given that they're fictional markings. Brain still says nah, those go on the other way round. Weird.  :mellow:

Norwegian Air Force markings are similar, in that they look as if they're the wrong way round when they're not.

I have an RNAF RF-5A that I built like that, and I keep it that way just to remind me to get the markings the RIGHT way round in future!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Of all the things... lol   I've seen on more than one occasion finished models with upside down roundels. Ones that would readily scream out "HEY I'M UPSIDE DOWN" like United States ones where it's obvious the star is wrong... etc. I'm like, "How did you not see that?!"     FOR SHAME, KIT... FOR SHAME.   lmao   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

At least we can't get RAF markings upside down............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

;D   I was thinking about that the other day  (week, whatever) when I was putting the Hellenic roundels on. I was thinking what a pleasure it was to put those style of round "target" roundels on because it's literally impossible to get them slanted, upside-down, etc. Just got to get them in place and it's a wrap.  :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

And how many times have you done that and, when looking at the model later on, found that one roundel was higher than the other one?   :banghead:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 07, 2021, 02:33:03 AM
And how many times have you done that and, when looking at the model later on, found that one roundel was higher than the other one?   :banghead:

It doesn't matter on the fuselage because you can't see both sides at the same time.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Yes, but I KNOW one of them is too high, or low........... :(

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Oh man...  ever so often one will move while I'm putting the rest of the waterslides on and notice it like an hour later.... at that point have to re-wet it and force it to move back.... never had cleared over one like that thankfully. I've also noticed waterslides completely gone from the model.... only to look all over for it on the floor, etc... only to discover that it somehow became attached to my forearm or something. Silly stuff like that will have you questioning your sanity!
-Sprues McDuck-