Main Menu

The 2020 1-Week GB VOTE

Started by kitbasher, June 21, 2021, 01:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

THE VOTE IS OPEN!

Seven days to vote, folks.  It'll close automatically on 28 June 2021 (note the closure date/time just below the 'submit vote' button) - vote wisely and good luck to all who managed to finish their builds before the deadline (commiserations to those who didn't).   :thumbsup:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

perttime

I think the first image in the poll has gone missing.

kitbasher

Quote from: perttime on June 21, 2021, 09:32:39 PM

Thanks for letting me know, did the link take you to the image?  That happens for me.
Had a lot of trouble sorting out that particular image - initially I could only see it on my smartphone but after some work it was also visible on my PC.  Don't know why it has gone, will look to fix it later today.

Tophe apologies for this, don't know what has gone wrong.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

perttime

Quote from: kitbasher on June 21, 2021, 11:29:08 PM
Quote from: perttime on June 21, 2021, 09:32:39 PM

Thanks for letting me know, did the link take you to the image?  That happens for me.

The link does take me to the correct post in the "Finished Models" thread.

kitbasher

Many thanks.  That's what I used.  Odd.

kitbasher

Well that's odd.  Was about to fix the missing pic of Tophe's design and for some reason it's back!

kitbasher

And it's gone again.

EDIT (21:50) - And now it's back - on my laptop but not my iPhone.  What's doubly odd is that mu phone is showing a copy of Tophe's design in perttime's reply #3 but there's no image showing in the same post when looking at it on my lappy!  Aaaarrrggh!  :banghead:

EDIT 2 (23 June @ 1021) - Thanks to Tophe (:thumbsup:) I think the issue is now resolved.  I can see the image on multiple devices, so hopefully that's the end of the faffing about.  Tremendous support for the poll - many thanks to all who have voted so far.

kitbasher

kitbasher

So, the vote is closed.  I'd like to thank all who have supported this year's one-weeker - those who took the plunge kit- and drawing-wise, those who supported the builds and the various discussions and of course those who voted.   :thumbsup:

Excellent submissions all, and let's hope we get to see finished at some point in the future those that couldn't make the deadline.   :thumbsup:

Congratulations though to AeroplaneDriver for providing us with his Hawker Hunter F.11.  Great model making that was appreciated by a sizeable majority of the electorate.   :thumbsup:

Here's to 1WGB22!

AeroplaneDriver

Well....6 hours and no responses...so I guess I will awkwardly be first and say...Thanks everyone...

Some great builds this year. Honestly thought one of the scratchbuilds would leave me in the dust.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Well done, Nick! The Hunter F.11 is a worthy winner!  :bow: :bow: :party:

Also, well done to runner-up, NARSES2, for his Piaggio P.115 Martello! :bow: :bow: :drink:

And equal 3rd Placers, Caveman & CANSO, for their Gloster CXP-1001 & M.A.D. C.A.T., respectively! :bow: :cheers:

As usual, a difficult choice for votes as the overall quality was ridiculously high! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Congratulations, and many thanks for setting this up (again)!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Well done everyone - those who won, those who entered, and those who didn't make it to the finish line.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Caveman

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 29, 2021, 12:46:37 AM
Well done, Nick! The Hunter F.11 is a worthy winner!  :bow: :bow: :party:

Also, well done to runners-up, Caveman & CANSO, for their Gloster CXP-1001 & M.A.D. C.A.T., respectively! :bow: :cheers:

As usual, a difficult choice for votes as the overall quality was ridiculously high! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think Narses2 is the runner up. But 3rd! amazing. Thanks all.
secretprojects forum migrant

Old Wombat

Oops! Missed by that much!* :banghead:

Sorry, Chris! :angel:

Original post modified to suit. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

[*: I blame the AWOL picture!]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est