Focke-Wulf Fw 389E Sturmtaucher - Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, July 01, 2021, 05:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The beginning.
WW2 German Recce Plane 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
WW2 German Recce Plane 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I've had the Condor for years.  It's the original 1965 Revell mould, 1971 boxing (nice box art).  A surprisingly small box full of rivetty goodness.  There are much better kits should I ever wish to build a RW Condor so its whiff fodder for this one.
I've glued the upper and lower wing halves together.  Fit is terrible.

Possible designation for this is Focke-Wulf Fw 205.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

As a kid I recall seeing the Revell FW200s in local toy and model shops and always wanted (but never got) one.  had forgotten all about them until now - and the desire to have one came back instantly!  Like you say, Ratty, pure whiff fodder.  Many, many old kits can be put to great modelling use, just takes a modelling knife, a saw, some filler and the essential spark - of inspiration.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

I'm trying to figure out how you cold POSSIBLY combine an Fw 200 with an Fw 189............  :-\ :o :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 01, 2021, 07:15:39 AM
I'm trying to figure out how you cold POSSIBLY combine an Fw 200 with an Fw 189............  :-\ :o :unsure:

Tophe could!  ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Tophe

Quote from: kitbasher on July 01, 2021, 07:22:19 AM
Tophe could!  ;D
Sorry: no, because a Fw-200 at 1/72 scale is a million times too big for my shelves :unsure: :-\ <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

tigercat

Tophe

Yes, this is possible.
Either bitmap finding sources at the same scale, or else in vector drawing, completely free but longer to draw (I have already a Fw189 ready to use but no Fw200, to do). :unsure:
BUT the subject here is zenrat's plastic model! ;D

kitbasher

Quote from: Tophe on July 01, 2021, 07:44:32 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on July 01, 2021, 07:22:19 AM
Tophe could!  ;D
Sorry: no, because a Fw-200 at 1/72 scale is a million times too big for my shelves :unsure: :-\ <_<

I'm sure forum buddies would buy you a bigger shelf, Tophe  ;) :angel:

zenrat

I don't plan on using the Condor's fuselage.  Or very much of the Uhu.

Here is a very rough sketch I downloaded from my imagination.
20210702_221526 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This one is inspired by Tophe and 63cpe in equal amounts.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

NARSES2

Always liked that box art and that sky blue (RLM 65 ?) plastic brings back memories.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

With an offset cockpit outside of the engines? Nice.  :lol:

Tophe

zenrat: not to hijack your topic  :-\ about a plastic Fw-200, special :thumbsup: , I will continue on another topic the Fw-200/Fw-189 mix/CGI part. Thanks for the inspiration! <_<

ericr

zenrat

Today I mostly sanded seams and rivets, attached ailerons, built the horizontal tails and cut a slot for the tail boom.
What is going to take most time is scratchbuilding the centre section which will join the wings.  I should probably pay homage to Kit by making the final wingspan just slightly more than a standard Fw200.
Fred