Focke-Wulf Fw 389E Sturmtaucher - Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, July 01, 2021, 05:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

It should come out just gloriously

buzzbomb

Dizzyfugu

I am curious about the livery, I have a German submission for the GB on the bench, too.

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Dizz - undecided about the scheme.  It may be Italian.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Uh, nice options there!  :thumbsup:

If you need/want some inspiration, check this great article about Italian WWII camouflage colors and patterns: https://www.stormomagazine.com/RegiaAeronauticaColorsinWWII_3a.htm

PR19_Kit

That's a very handy site, I used it before doing a couple of my Italian builds prior to the GBs last and this year.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yup, it's a very good and compact source. I have also used it several times for WWII builds with an Italian flavor.  :lol:

zenrat

It want's me to shut down my ad blockers.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

PSR finished.  Painting begun.

After looking at pictures on the interweb I decided that I would save the Italian schemes for later (mainly due to the sheer area of smoke ring transfers I would have to print - but It has incidentally solved a "what can I do with this?" dilemma).
So it'll be one of my rare WW2 Luftwaffe builds.  I'm giving it a scheme of my own invention, the starting point for which was one of AZ's Me 109H-1 nightfighter schemes.
I've painted the top sides today - RLM 76.  Or at least an approximation of what I think looks vaguely correct mixed from what I had on the shelf.
Fred

The Wooksta!

Captured? RAAF markings over the German ones? Because the supermen lost.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Nah, German.  But none of the madman's hooked crosses.  I don't put them on.

I pulled these out of a folder today.  I was given them a few years ago.  No idea how old they are or if they are going to work.
20210808_181008 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Airframe paint is now complete.  Underside is RLM86.  Now onto all the other stuff like engines, undercarriage, cockpit etc.
Fred

The Wooksta!

The Esci ones will disintegrate when merely threatened by water.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

frank2056

Without a doubt those Esci decals will disintegrate - you'll want to coat the decals with a clear coat of Future or similar, or liquid decal film before trying to use them.

zenrat

Thanks for the advice folks.
That is exactly what happened the last time I tried to use Esci decals.  I thought that might have been due to age as they were very very old.
Fred