Focke-Wulf Fw 389E Sturmtaucher - Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, July 01, 2021, 05:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Mock up.
Parts from Fw 200, Fw 189, Evergreen tube, and Sensodyne Electric Toothbrush...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Lovely asymmetric layout, :wub:
Go on! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

I have visions of the tail assembly waggling back and forth because Fred forgot to remove the motor and battery from the toothbrush!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2021, 10:13:28 PM
I have visions of the tail assembly waggling back and forth because Fred forgot to remove the motor and battery from the toothbrush!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
This would be Variable Geometry in a very innovative way, congratulations to the inventor! :thumbsup: ;D

zenrat

Designated Fw 389E by Tophe and named Sturmtaucher (Shearwater).
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2021, 10:13:28 PM

I have visions of Fred going "but darling I thought you said you'd finished with that toothbrush ?"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2021, 04:23:57 AM
I should probably pay homage to Kit by making the final wingspan just slightly more than a standard Fw200.

Dont stroke his ego to much :-X

We will never hear the end of it  ;) ;D :wacko:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on July 04, 2021, 01:29:27 PM
Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2021, 04:23:57 AM
I should probably pay homage to Kit by making the final wingspan just slightly more than a standard Fw200.

Dont stroke his ego to much :-X

We will never hear the end of it  ;) ;D :wacko:

It's already a given, you weren't going to hear the end of it anyway.  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

TBH i've been saving the electric toothbrush heads for years as the shape has always struck me as potentially being usefull.
Fred

Weaver

Nice one! :thumbsup:

Funnily enough, I've been staring thoughtfully at those toothbrush heads too, although I was thinking of an extendible tailboom with an ELINT radome on the end. Not doing it now though.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 05, 2021, 05:15:18 AM
TBH i've been saving the electric toothbrush heads for years as the shape has always struck me as potentially being usefull.

And finally it was  ;D I'm terrible at seeing the future usefulness of household objects, or at least when I do save them they never come in useful until I've just thrown them out  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

They are basically a tapered cylindrical housing with a 90 degree drive on the end.
I can see them mounting propellors (similar to an SR.N-4) or wheels (like the Joe 90 car).
in this case I needed something tapered for the end of the tail boom.  I have removed the brush headband may put a clear dome in it's place for a really tiny observer (nazi genetic engineering breeding a race of superdwarfs?).
I have boxes of stuff which "might come in usefull" including passport glue tape refills (similar to white out tape thingos - contain gear wheels), pen bodies (tapered tubes), and old #11 blades (I will one day build a Cars that ate Paris VW homage).

Nothing done today due to work and spousal construction requirements (it's not raining, are you going to finish building that Gazebo/Pergola?).
Fred

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2021, 05:04:03 AM
Nothing done today due to work and spousal construction requirements (it's not raining, are you going to finish building that Gazebo/Pergola?).
;D I hope there will be rain the rest of the week... ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2021, 05:04:03 AM
(it's not raining, are you going to finish building that Gazebo/Pergola?).

There's only one answer to that if you want to remain fed among other things ;)