Focke-Wulf Fw 389E Sturmtaucher - Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, July 01, 2021, 05:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks folks.

A skim of filler and some PSR and all should blend nicely.
I had Horton in mind when building the centre section.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Nice scratch building on that center section!
I'll be keeping an eye on this one!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Thanks K.

I tidied up the back of the centre section today with some half round rod.  I also glued on the basic understructure of the cockpit onto which putty will be smeared.
I think this one might actually look like it does in my head.  I put this down to a realisation that as my stash is the size it is then I can be less precious with them and rob parts where needed.  Also, if I want to build an Fw 200 or an Fw 189 then there are better, newer kits from which to do so.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

The airframe is now one piece.
Fw 389 WIP 24-07-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
PSR continues.
Fred

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

The Revell kit is a strange bird.  It has hugely overscale raised detail, and working features but the fabric detail on the ailerons and elevators isn't badly done and there are ribs inside the working flaps.
Unfortunately there are also sink marks on the ailerons and ejector pin marks inside the flaps.
Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Primed t today in order to facilitate the next round of PSR.  I must say it looks good all one colour.
Fred

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on July 28, 2021, 05:00:48 AM
it looks good all one colour.
No need of picture: in zenrat we trust! Good! ;D :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

When compared to the Aviation News plans, ye olde Revell Condor is surprisingly accurate, bar the fin that lacks chord on the leading edge.  Although are the plans themselves accurate?

Anyhoo, some nice work, although I personally would have went for twin boom with the Fw 189 pod in the middle. There was an Fw project in the late thirties along those lines.   Kurt Tank was a good designer (especially when he had a good team with him, especially Hans Multhopp) but not adventurous enough for assymetry.  Incidentally, Condors were licence built by Blohm und Voss, which could make any back story more believable if you throw in Richard Vogt.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Tophe

Thanks for this idea, TheWooksta! I am going to draw it (as I understand it) on my related topic with many unbuilt versions of Fw-389 ;D

zenrat

Thanks Lee.  That info about B&V will certainly be handy.  I can think of a couple of explanations as to why it went forward as an Fw rather than a Bv.

Initially this was going to be a flying wing but I felt it needed more chord for that.  I like asymmetry but my one attempt so far (using Messerschmitt 110 & 109 parts) didn't turn out as I pictured it.  So far this one matches my minds eye.  Another asymmetric 110 is planned.

Primer revealed where more filler was required.  I added some.
Fred

zenrat

Here she is all in one glorious shade of grey.  At least one more round of PSR is needed.

Fw 389 WIP 02-08-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Tophe

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est