Focke-Wulf Fw 389E Sturmtaucher - Finished pics pg 8.

Started by zenrat, July 01, 2021, 05:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

No,it was always the rear fuselage spars that went, rather than  the undercarriage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

I think that in the pics i've seen the fuselage has failed behind the trailing edge.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 24, 2021, 05:11:28 AM
No,it was always the rear fuselage spars that went, rather than  the undercarriage.

Quote from: zenrat on August 24, 2021, 05:15:48 AM
I think that in the pics i've seen the fuselage has failed behind the trailing edge.

Ah yes, now the pair of you mention it that's the photo's I've seen as well. Broken back rather than "crook" undercarriage. Memory's going ; whish I knew where and I'd join it  :-\ :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Canopy framing completed.  Initially I tried brush painting it but Airfix'e framing detail is a soft as faeces so it was rubbish.  I cleaned it off and painted some masking tape.
Putting it on took two days bench sessions.  Canopies are glued in place and still require gap filling with krystal klear and the solid panels need painting.
Fw 389 WIP 25-08-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

loupgarou

Looking beautiful, Fred.
Checking back the topic I appreciated very much the way you managed the transition from engine nacelle to cockpit.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

That's looking VERY clever indeed! I'm really glad I'm not in this GB!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

zenrat

Thanks folks.  Not long now.  I should probly start work on the back story.
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on August 26, 2021, 04:33:32 AM
Thanks folks.  Not long now.  I should probly start work on the back story.

This is one backstory I will thoroughly enjoy reading, if it's even half as good as the workmanship!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

I hope it can live up to your expectations.  I don't always manage to fully engage with my muse.  She can be fickle.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Your muse is working up a storm on this one Fred, it looks 'BLOODY MARVELLOUS', to quote a an old Guinness advert (I think....)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dumaniac

Excellent build - thanks for sharing

63cpe

Impressive built, would love to see this one finished!

Keep fingers crossed for you to get it all done as supposed to. This last phase is for my builts usually the hardest part ( I get bored from psr and in my mind is the picture of how it looks when finihed). I hope you don't have these troubles and finish. I would love to see the beauty pics.

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

zenrat

Thanks folks.

PSR is all done Dave.  All I have left to do is drop tanks, UC doors, engine intakes, and flaps.  Then a touch of weathering, and then beauty pics.

Fw 389 WIP 28-08-2021 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fw 389 WIP 28-08-2021 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred