The Ardennes 1940

Started by NARSES2, July 03, 2021, 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Film made you concentrate and pay attention to the settings.  Digital has made for a lot of lazy photographers who shoot first (and wildly) and change settings later.
I include myself in this.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

3 of the 4 main camouflage colours are on  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Sweet  :thumbsup: cant wait to see the pics mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Paint job complete, needs a gloss coat though as Hataka is very matt and then I can start getting the transfers on.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Transfers are on, the kit's behaved well, although I was a little concerned they might not be opaque enough given the scheme, but they seem to be ok. Working on the canopy framing at the moment which is a bit of a pig. The framing is very poor, if not invisible, on both vacform canopies so I'm relying on my "thin strips of pre-painted masking tape" method. This isn't made any easier by the typical French 3 colour upper colours though, at least they didn't have any standard patterns for this, I think it was up to the paint shop. This was done deliberately as they thought it would confuse any attacking pilot attempting to strafe a line up of aircraft on the ground. Why didn't they just disperse them ?

Wardukw

People who are not as smart as they think they are Chris mate..same as ( if this did in fact happen) Pearl harbor when all the P40s were lined up..just to clarify i know Pearl harbor happened  :lol: and i think the line up of fighters did too but 100% certain..could be a movie make believe moment.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

The P-40's were lined up on the hard-standing because that was normal practice in peace time (still is) & they weren't expecting the Japanese attack.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I thought that the aircraft were grouped together in the middle of the airfields because they were worried about sabotage and wanted them all together where they could easilly be guarded.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 27, 2022, 11:36:44 AM....just to clarify i know Pearl harbor happened  :lol: ...

I've not heard of Pearl Deniers, but I bet they exist somewhere out there on the fringes...
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2022, 02:02:33 AM
I thought that the aircraft were grouped together in the middle of the airfields because they were worried about sabotage and wanted them all together where they could easilly be guarded.

That's what I've always been told and read as well

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2022, 02:02:33 AM

QuoteOf the eleven Japanese planes shot down, four were claimed by two young Army Air Corps lieutenants, George Welch and Ken Taylor of the 15th Pursuit Group. They were ten miles south when the attack began. Both pilots headed back to their base at Wheeler Field, the center for fighter operations in Hawaii, where sixty-two new Curtiss P-40 Tomahawks were parked wing tip to wing tip. They were arranged this way to make easier to guard them against sabotage, but this made them easy targets for Japanese airplanes. As they arrived at the airport, dive bombers appeared out of nowhere and swooped down and ripped through the airplanes and surrounding buildings.
http://www.aviation-history.com/airmen/pearl.htm

They were parked along the flight-line hard-standing but closer together than would normally be the case.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

One for Tophe, just to prove I am getting there  ;)

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

As Fred and Chris said ..thats what i thought to..its what was said in the movie Tora.Tora.Tora.
So Guy was on the money and Chris and ..fact we all were...we are good aint we ?  :lol:
Chris that thing is looking so good right now..when your done its only going to look better  :thumbsup:
I do like the weird and wonderful no matter if it a plane or vehicle  ;D
I was looking for pics of the Bell 204 Huey which is the civilian verison and man i found some odd ball idea's they tryed..like one with wings...jet engines mount above those wings and  4 rotor blades.
A standard looking one with 3 blades but not sure if its real tho..pic looked a little strange.

Tophe

I know this Arsenal-Delanne model is almost finished, just lacking its spinner and propeller, but maybe it is still time to increase its whif ratio, with contra-rotating props, no? ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]