Main Menu

The Ardennes 1945

Started by NARSES2, July 03, 2021, 05:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Second of my builds will be this one

Anigrand McDonnell XP-67 Moonbat -F.16 Moonbat. F.16 apparently was the next available F number for USAAF PR types before they went to using R numbers in 1948. Thanks to Dave, Kitbasher for that information and useful link  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Foto Recce without observer post? (yes this seems very possible) <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Started cleaning this up yesterday evening before the Italy v Spain game and it's typical Anigrand. Resin is a tad on the thick side, but the fit looks to be excellent. Indeed a dry fit of one of the outer wing panels into its roots was so tight I struggled to separate them  :rolleyes: Detail is fine as well, although there's hardly anything to go in the tiny cockpit, but not much will be seen under the canopy framing. I will dress it up a little and may see if I have a bubble style canopy in the spares that fits, although the heavy framing wouldn't be as significant a disadvantage on an aircraft intended for high altitude "stealth" operations.

I'll take some photos of the bits and bobs before I get the glue out.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

I built this a couple of years ago. It's a fairly easy build. Good fit and I did not have a lot of problems with bubbles.
The props are a bit finicky to assemble though and break easily.
I could not get it to sit on its nose wheel though. The nose is very pointy and has no space for weights.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Cheers Tom

Must admit the first thought that hit me when I started "playing" with it was "it will need a base"  ;D I think when I start on it I'll get the props done first, then I can do them gradually rather than at the end of the build when I tend to be in a rush to get to the finish line and can get frustrated by such things  :angel:

Old Wombat

Sounds like it may be beneficial to remove some of the internal resin (especially aft), if you can. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Yes, take a tip from Colin Chapman - add lightness.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 08, 2021, 01:55:21 AM
Sounds like it may be beneficial to remove some of the internal resin (especially aft), if you can. ;)

I'm assuming from the  ;) that you are aware of the shape of this thing and what with its horizontally split fuselage/wing panel construction I think it will go on a base  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 08, 2021, 03:04:11 AM

Yes, take a tip from Colin Chapman - add lightness.

But perhaps not quite as much as he was fond of doing!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

The Wooksta!

I have a Czechmaster one somewhere that is largely the entire aircraft moulded as one piece with a few smaller parts on a wafer or three of resin.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

Tap your old workmates up for some tungsten powder, or failing that, spent uranium...  :angel:

Always liked the moonbat, it's got a very pleasing shape.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 17, 2021, 08:16:59 AM

I have a Czechmaster one somewhere that is largely the entire aircraft moulded as one piece with a few smaller parts on a wafer or three of resin.

I had one of those too, all held together in a moulded tissue bag thing. Very odd.................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

But that's the way they did things and TBH, weren't they so much better because of it?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

It was VERY well moulded for sure, and not a bubble to be seen either.

Sadly I can't remember what I did with the darn thing, I certainly haven't got it any more. :(

Regards
Kit