Main Menu

The Ardennes 1945

Started by NARSES2, July 03, 2021, 05:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

I really like the shape of the Moonbat so i'll be watching this from now on.  :thumbsup:
I wish someone did a 1/72 styrene kit of this plane, i'd surely get one or two. IMHO, it's the best looking WWII twin engine fighter design, too bad it didn't work out.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 25, 2021, 03:45:19 AM
I really like the shape of the Moonbat so i'll be watching this from now on.  :thumbsup:
I wish someone did a 1/72 styrene kit of this plane, i'd surely get one or two. IMHO, it's the best looking WWII twin engine fighter design, too bad it didn't work out.

It certainly has a "look" to it. Must admit if there was a styrene one, not vacform, I'd be tempted by a jet conversion and a decent bubble canopy.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

If any of the UK lads fancy those sanding pads then the people I got them from have sent me a code which will get 20% off the cost which is open to friends as well as me.

Only available for 14 days though so if you want it let me know.

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

What are these pads like Chris, can you post a pic of them perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

If they're anything like the ones I got, they'll be similar to the foam backed ones that Aeroclub used to sell and Halfords still do.  Basically 5-6mm of foam with a layer containing your abrasive material.

I've been using them for 25 years ever since Doug Feeney advised it.  Much better than wet and dry.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

They are a mixture of the pads Lee describes and larger sanding blocks, so with four "working" sizes and some two. Varying grades of grit. Outstanding value IMHO

Here's a shot of some of the types included, note some of the thinner pads are single sided, some double. Hope it helps Kit

It's almost certainly a case of Lucky Dip as to what you actually get Kit.

The Wooksta!

Every so often, my copy of the CMK Moonbat comes out and I think about building it, then I see the warped wings (natural given the sheer size of the casting - see also the Bv P.215 made in the same early 90s timeframe - 1 foot single piece cast wing!) and the resin u/c to take the weight and it goes back in teh box.

Shame, as I want to do it in RAF markings - preferably the fetching High Altitude Day Fighter scheme of MSG over PRU Blue - and it would look fantastic.  Really wish Special Hobby would do it as an injection kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

All different then? That could be VERY handy, count me in on the 'secret number' please!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 28, 2021, 02:01:41 PM
All different then? That could be VERY handy, count me in on the 'secret number' please!  :thumbsup:

I'll PM you Kit

Link and code now sent

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I now have an airframe, hopefully paintwork this week. It's a single colour so hopefully should be reasonably straight forward.

NARSES2

Finally got around to getting some colour on it

NARSES2

Well she's painted, but as mentioned in my blog, my conscience got the better of me and I've been reworking the canopy/fuselage join. Think I'm there now so hopefully get the bulk done before I disappear for a few days next week.

DogfighterZen

Can't wait to see this done!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Got the canopy masked yesterday and took advantage of the very poor frame outlines (virtually invisible) on the vac form canopy to make it more of a late war "bubble" type rather than the horrible early war "greenhouse" type the real thing flew with.