Wardukw is back..kinda

Started by Wardukw, July 04, 2021, 02:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Hi ya guys..now I don't know how many or any off you remember me but I used to be on this channel quite a few yrs ago..bout 5 if memory serves me right.
I had a wee problem with the home I was renting .now this is mostly what I was told by friends ..one morning I turned on my stove to cook breakfast and 3 weeks later I woke up in a hospital bed..light burns over 70% of my body..2 broken legs.left arm and 2 large cracks on my skull..internal injuries where pretty bad..seems my home blew up with me inside it..well I was outside when they found me..so everything in that house was now partly all over my neighbors homes..took quite some time to heal as you can imagine but I've been ok now for a few yrs and been getting back into building what it's again..I'm surprised at just how many bits and pieces ya need to build what us guys build so I've been buying this here and that there just to get somewhere close to all the bits I used to have and even after 3 yrs I'm not even close  <_< .. but I've built one diorama and am working on another ..now all I've gotta sort out how to use a phone to post pics so ok guys can see what I've been up too.
So that's all for now but I'll be back here alot more often now.
Cheers
Phill
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Congratulations on still being alive!! We are glad to have you back with us!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Glad you survived Phill, good to see you back  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

F__k! :o

Glad you're still in the Land of the Living, mate! :thumbsup:

Even better to hear that you're back building, again. ;D

Try not to burn the toast, again! OK? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Morning guys and thanks for the replys..as you have pretty much already figured things have been pretty damn tough but that's to be expected..my biggest problem now is the lack of space in my new home which is a caravan with a annex connected to it.i live at a motor camp or a trailer park as our mates from the US would know it..I'm on the Firth of Thames here in the North Island because the rents and house prices in NZ are absolutely mental..try $450 NZ  a week for a one bedroom crap hole with no garage..here I see the sea every day..fish anytime I want to  :thumbsup: and because I'm an engineer I'm also the head mechanic..welder..car fixer upper dude in the camp  <_< so all in all this is pretty sweet ..now to much more happier things..whiffys ..I'm at present building dio No2 ..an alternative reality WW2 dio ..you still have the Sherman and Tiger but they are not the same as ours..I'll try to get some pics of these things on here so you blokes can see what I'm yapping about  ;D

Phill
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Ok soon joined Flickr and I've started to upload pics..but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the copy off Flickr and into here.
Can anyone help me here ??😊
Cheers
Phill

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 23, 2021, 06:48:26 PM
Ok soon joined Flickr and I've started to upload pics..but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the copy off Flickr and into here.
Can anyone help me here ??😊
Cheers
Phill

No Froblem mate......

Klick on the picture you want so it is the main image and you have a bar of smaller immages below it with < and > at the ends. In the bottom right you should see a number of symbols. From Right to Left they are..Shopping Trolly (Buy A Print of the picture) Downward pointing arror (To download the image) A sort of Clockwise arrow (This is for shareing your immages and the one your asking about) Last icon is a Box with a pencil in it (This is the edit image function and also where the Delete option is)
So you click on the Sort of Clockwist arrow which then opens a windown on the screen.
There are Four lights... oppps sorry wrong thing... There are Four options, you want the right hand option BBCode
Below the four option is the information that you copy and paste to the thread. However below that is a size option, mine is perminantly set to Medium (561 x 640), I sudgest you try out the options to see which works best for you. If you change the size it will change the copy and past information,
Then copy and paste the mass of information to where you want it to go. I took the time and effort to edit the infor once I have posted it so it doesn't show that my pics are on Flicker. It's easy enough to do on here if you create a post or reply, edit away then use preview to see if it worked or not.

Hope that helps!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Gondor mate I've spent ages playing with some pics on Flickr and what you described don't come up at all..the only things that show when I make the pic the main pic is a pencil..the bubble for pming..3 circles and a ! inside another circle..would getting pro help and oh this on a phone too..not a pc.

Gondor

Just checked what Flicker is like on my phone.

From there I selected Photostream and then which ever picture I want which came up with the four symbols along the bottom of the picture.

Admitidly I am a premium member but as far as I recall that is simply to increase photo storage to over 1,000 pictures. Premium membership is not extortionate and is up to you.

Hope this helps

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Wardukw

Hey Gondor mate..I think you having Flickr pro is the key..I did see the drop down menu and there's nothing called photo shear on my list..I'll give pro a blast and see what happens.
Cheers mate
Phill

Gondor

Photstream not Phot Share

Gondor

zenrat

Flikr on a phone is a PitA.

Are you Android or IOS?
On Android click on the silhouette of a person in a circle which is top centre of the screen.  This should open up your photostream.
Tapping on a picture should bring up the pencil, a speech bubble, the sharing circles and an info circle.
Tap on the sharing circles.
Top option on my phone is copy URL.
Tap that and then use your phones browser to paste it into this quick reply window in-between {IMG} and {/IMG}
But use square brackets rather than curly. I used curly so they show up.
If the picture is too big then modify the first set of brackets to read {URL width=960}

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Good grief, Wardukw!  I'm glad you survived! 

Other than a way to host & post pics, is there anything you need?  Box of random bits, kits, odd things known only to whif-modelers?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

Hey ya Scotaidh mate..yeah trust me I'm pretty chuffed I survived ..still not a 100 percent but that's to be expected after that   :-X
Bloody good offer mate..as a brother of the wiffys the hunt for bits and pieces is never ending ..yrs ago here prices for kits was ok..not great but ok and second hand kits were cheap as chips but not anymore ..the prices have gone totally mental..even 2nd hand kits are right up there now and having lost absolutely everything ..model wise ..in the blast it's sure alot harder now getting bits than it used to.
Cheers
Phill