Hawker Hunter FR.5: given up :-(

Started by Weaver, July 05, 2021, 05:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: Weaver on October 11, 2021, 04:49:30 PM
Lack of mojo has been an increasing problem for me in the last few years. Don't really know what the solution is, to be honest. I need to have a good think about it...

Quite honestly - Group Builds can be quite detrimental to mojo, at least that's my experience. That's why I'm very selective with participation, and as a matter of fact, my Shackleton MR.5 is the only GB project I've ever landed. However, I don't see this as a problem, nor the Gb's themselves. I see them as inspiration, and if there's a subject that doesn't interest me, then I just don't care.

As far as general modelling mojo goes - this is a pastime. A hobby. Something I do for me, myself and no one else (but possibly a bunch of other old farts taking interest via this group) and when it isn't fun, then I pause. I've had building pauses over several months, but then suddenly, I just get feeling and find myself tooling away, usually without too much plan or preparation.

Another trick seems to be not to lock yourself in on ongoing/started projects. If something else than what you're currently building pulls more, then go for that for a while! The Shelf of Doom is there for a reason!

So that would be my top tip for you. Don't prepare. Leave it, and when the feeling returns - just follow it regardless of subject. It's supposed to be fun.

And in the meantime, you can always look on the efforts performed by the rest of us. I find that quite enjoyable myself..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Freightdog862

Hope you can get the project up and running again later on without the GB pressure, shame to not use all that high quality (Feightdog!) resin...

Colin

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Pellson on October 12, 2021, 03:00:20 AM
(...) Quite honestly - Group Builds can be quite detrimental to mojo, at least that's my experience. (...)

Second that. Do NOT build a model because you HAVE to (or think you have to). GBs can be tough because they put deadline pressure on you, and some people also get upset because they think they have to present something outstanding, adding even more (self-induced mental) pressure.

Model building is a pastime, a pleasure. So just do what you feel comfortable with.

NARSES2

If you'd like the thread moved H, let me know.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

As most have been saying and rightfully so, this is a hobby and hobbies are supposed to be fun so don't stress about it and if you don't feel like doing it, then do something else... or nothing at all. Get back when you feel like you'll have fun doing it.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

I thought I had a resin FR10 nose in my masters box, but it's for a GA11.

Didn't Pavla do an FR10 conversion?  Alleycat?  Mind, if it's the latter, you'll get it for the fifth GB next year...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic