MiG-25RB, TAFS-47, FTB-24, FO FMTFK, Kdo LSK/LV mid 1980's

Started by Gondor, July 09, 2021, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Ok, so the title is a mouthfull. but it's correct apart from the aircraft. So this entry will be a real aircraft with a different operator. Roughly the back story is this...
Start of November 1989 the Berlin Wall falls and duering 1990 Germany becomes one again. While exploring the airfields of the former DDR or East Germany, western officials are supprised to find a few MiG-25RB's. It was later foound out that the Luftstreitkräfte der Nationalen Volksarmee by a departing Soviet unit when they had been rotated back to the Soviet Union and the replacement unit had brought new aircraft with them.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

A little bit of work done as I keep getting distracted by the new Airfix Vulcan kit  :rolleyes:

So here are the parts of the Plava conversion set for the Condor kit of the MiG-25 which I decided to go with rather than the older Hasegawa kit.

Washed and primed, although I think I ended up with too much paint on one side of the nose. No matter as it's not something that is a problem, a bout of PSR will fix that later.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on July 11, 2021, 11:07:04 AM
A little bit of work done as I keep getting distracted by the new Airfix Vulcan kit  :rolleyes:

So here are the parts of the Plava conversion set for the Condor kit of the MiG-25 which I decided to go with rather than the older Hasegawa kit.

Washed and primed, although I think I ended up with too much paint on one side of the nose. No matter as it's not something that is a problem, a bout of PSR will fix that later.

Gondor

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Managed to get some work done on this, just a coat of paint and it's about to get a second coat. I might be able to do some construction work later today, who knows....

Gondor

Gondor

Got some work done on this today. Second coat of paint for the interior and the main fuselage is glued together. Not as difficult as I thought it was going to be from looking at it on the sprue's

Gondor

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.